Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Porsche Releases 991 Powerkit

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 08:07 PM
Teamspeed Member
rollin_bentley is an unknown quantity at this point
They both look sweet! But I could do without the color red though!.....It attracts cops! lol

Old 06-22-2012, 08:16 PM
Teamspeed Member
Gilmore has a reputation beyond reputeGilmore has a reputation beyond reputeGilmore has a reputation beyond reputeGilmore has a reputation beyond reputeGilmore has a reputation beyond reputeGilmore has a reputation beyond reputeGilmore has a reputation beyond reputeGilmore has a reputation beyond reputeGilmore has a reputation beyond reputeGilmore has a reputation beyond reputeGilmore has a reputation beyond repute
A power kit you say, hmm, whatever happened to RUF?

They're much better at this type of thing.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
That intake plenum is a beautiful piece of machinery. Im also glad the ducktail made it to production.

Lastly, I much prefer these wheels to the standard multispokes. They look cleaner and fit the car properly- almost like a new age turbo wheel. The standard wheels clash too much for my tastes.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:36 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Honestly, unless you live next to a track and/or in Germany, these power figures are all a bit of willy-waving now. I've lived in CA which has pretty liberal speed limits, I've driven through New Mexico and Arizona where there are miles without police, and I live currently in VA where cops are EVERYWHERE. There is no reasonable place to enjoy a car as fast as a 991 with the powerkit (or without for that matter). It's a big reason why I bought my C4S instead of a Turbo - and even then, I could barely ever exercise that car. Well, there was that 0-whatever run in New Mexico...

The point is, anything above 300hp now is useless in the real world. I used to drive my GTI much more than my other cars because it was something I could use 95-100% of the performance often. If I had done that in my C4S, I'd have gone to jail. I know, I know, I just bought another 997, but I've accepted that I'll enjoy it through gears 1-3 and then just cruise around past that. Sad, but honest.

And therefore I'll take my 991 mit Powerkit und Enteendstück.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
^^^I've got to agree with you on that. Nor do I think the average buyer has the skill to exploit the potential. It seems like everyone obsesses over the top end data. But, most drivers will not rven get close to there within the time of ownership.

The biggest thing I look for is low end torque. That's where all the fun is for non-track driving.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:56 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I think the most usable, real-world, "sub-exotic" today is the TT-RS. Right mix of power, torque, grip to have a lot of fun without going to prison.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
I've never personally been in one but it def has the total package within the realm of realistic driving.

Old 06-23-2012, 07:03 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Move to NM or Arizona. Here in Texas, 430hp is wussy. I say they need way more.

What's the consensus on the ducktail? Interesting.

Old 06-23-2012, 07:48 AM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
.....and now the price of my 991 has risen to $151,986.00.....Great.

Old 06-23-2012, 09:22 AM
Watch this space.
Originally Posted by GTCole
Move to NM or Arizona. Here in Texas, 430hp is wussy. I say they need way more.

What's the consensus on the ducktail? Interesting.
Yeah like I said, NM, AZ, even CA you can get down pretty often. I'd imagine parts of TX, too, but those TX State Troopers scare the piss out of me.

As for the ducktail, I dig it. It's an iconic Porsche design element - it should've been an option for every generation.

Quick Reply: Porsche Releases 991 Powerkit