Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

PDK - Am I the only one who thinks it sucks?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 11:39 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Did anyone mention that PDK is a really good transmission, but super-boring?

Just checking.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:53 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali

Just checking.
Not until you...

Old 05-24-2012, 12:21 AM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali

Just checking.
No, because it sucks.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:11 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sechsgang
^As far as not an h-gate yep.

My take on PDK is that it shouldnt be used on the car unless it is so stupid fast that the actual rowing of the gears would take away from the experience. Thats the case with my turbo S...I wouldnt want this thing any other way, on full boost, when I pull the lever at 6.7XX rpm, the thing shifts on point, seamlessly engages the next gear and just rockets you the hell out of the earth. I dont WANT to do anything in btw! But in a normal carrera, the operator can do within .2 seconds of what pdk does for 0-60 for the most part...so could understand why someone would still want a manual as far as the experience. I for one however, and especially given my specific car...wouldnt go any other way than the pdk.

Will say though...the ferrari 458 (for duel clutch) and 599gto(for single clutch sequential) probably have the best feel in the business...but we are looking at around two times the price on the former and 3.5 times the price for the latter...so ya...

Perfect statement in any NA porsche a 6 or now 7MT is a better choice.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Is that a joke? I drove a Maserati Quattroporte and a Panamera 4S and found the transmission in the Maserati to be very, very, very slow. The 4S worked perfectly each time with no noticeable loss of power where as in the Mas, the chassis, engine revs, and transmission seemed to be on three different planets when it came time to shift.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:46 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by Mahzari
Is that a joke? I drove a Maserati Quattroporte and a Panamera 4S and found the transmission in the Maserati to be very, very, very slow. The 4S worked perfectly each time with no noticeable loss of power where as in the Mas, the chassis, engine revs, and transmission seemed to be on three different planets when it came time to shift.
Read the thread. UBC is referring to the 09 GT-S which is the only Maserati ever to make it stateside with the Superfast F1 transmission. The QP has a ZF auto. Can't even compare.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:51 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cstroked
Read the thread. UBC is referring to the 09 GT-S which is the only Maserati ever to make it stateside with the Superfast F1 transmission. The QP has a ZF auto. Can't even compare.
only the 09 GT-S has the F1? No other model or model year?

Old 05-24-2012, 12:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Shane@AtlantaAutoSalon
Ive never been a fan of German PDK/SMG type transmissions. Lag and slop abound. Though I was very pleased with the CLK Black series trans. Then again Im also a three pedal purist whenever optionally possible...
I had one, and it was great but the trans was an actual auto...that was the worst part for me...didnt even have the speedshift the c63 got...

Old 05-24-2012, 01:00 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
only the 09 GT-S has the F1? No other model or model year?
Correct. They discontinued DuoSelect in 08 (that was F355 technology, sucked), and then for one year (09) they did F1 Superfast in the GranTurismo S. They brought in 300-400. They did not re-certify to new EPA standards because it would be too costly, so in 10 they went to all ZF autos.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:17 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cstroked
Correct. They discontinued DuoSelect in 08 (that was F355 technology, sucked), and then for one year (09) they did F1 Superfast in the GranTurismo S. They brought in 300-400. They did not re-certify to new EPA standards because it would be too costly, so in 10 they went to all ZF autos.
No kidding. Never knew that. UBC is screwed then. Literally.

Well, unless he does what I suggests and picks up a 458.

Quick Reply: PDK - Am I the only one who thinks it sucks?