Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Champion Motorsport 991 Shop Car

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012 | 03:56 PM
Teamspeed Member
porsche.fan has a spectacular aura aboutporsche.fan has a spectacular aura aboutporsche.fan has a spectacular aura aboutporsche.fan has a spectacular aura aboutporsche.fan has a spectacular aura aboutporsche.fan has a spectacular aura aboutporsche.fan has a spectacular aura aboutporsche.fan has a spectacular aura aboutporsche.fan has a spectacular aura aboutporsche.fan has a spectacular aura aboutporsche.fan has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by dallascajun
I bet more engineering went into this exhaust than some entire cars get. Damn that looks complicated (and HEAVY).

I don't think the term 'modify' will be used as much as 'replace' when it comes to upgrading the exhaust. The sound of this thing is already as good as my PSE w/ bypass...I think the bigger target will be reduced weight from an aftermarket system.
You're right. Wait for the Turbo exhaust system. That's what I call complicated...

Old 02-16-2012 | 04:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
Have you looked under the hood of a Panamera V8? Same thing. The front bumper cover has to be removed to access the air filters. I thought the same thing when I originally saw these images, but then I realized that access to the filters isn't required all that often, and probably when other engine maintenance is occurring. So, when you really think about it...no big deal. I understand if you want to replace with aftermarket filters it might be a PITA for a normally simple job, but then again it can be fun as a small project.

Ze Germans are apparently more focused on performance & efficiency than annual maintenance than our domestic guys. Here in the US we just make everything bigger to add more space to work in.
Every time I see a panamera just yesterday and almost lost my lunch....I don't know how people can see an attractive feature on the car...reminds me of this

Attached Images  
Old 02-16-2012 | 10:08 PM
Teamspeed Member
Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Stock I couldnt agree more.....but when they look like this....Damn!

Attached Images   
Old 02-17-2012 | 02:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sales@ChampionMotorsport
Clearly this car needs more stalks on the steering column.

Old 02-17-2012 | 09:35 AM
|
Former Sponsor
Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by porsche.fan
You're right. Wait for the Turbo exhaust system. That's what I call complicated...
You'd be surprised, even the non PSE exhaust has valves on it and looks a bit complicated. We haven't taken one of those off yet, but just by looking from underneath it seems like there is serious some weight savings to be had on those as well.

Old 02-17-2012 | 12:48 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
lopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished road
interesting shop car you guys have, jumping right to it.

Cant wait to see more. Looks quite refined indeed inside and around that NEW 911.

interested to see what wheels you choose an what changes you make to the exhaust and so on.

Old 02-26-2012 | 07:53 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
sms261 is an unknown quantity at this point
[QUOTE=Sales@ChampionMotorsport;1240198]For those that are interested in what's happenin'....we were able to fit our PDK paddle shifter kit onto the 991 steering wheel too, which is good news for anyone who didn't get the paddle-equipped wheel on the car standard.

guys have you ever tweaked PDK gear lever opposite than stock, for example for higher gear to pull gear lever and for lower gears to push, like all manufactures have in their racing cars, example porsche gt3 cup car

Old 02-27-2012 | 02:16 PM
Former Sponsor
NAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond repute
Cool

I bet more engineering went into this exhaust than some entire cars get. Damn that looks complicated (and HEAVY).

I don't think the term 'modify' will be used as much as 'replace' when it comes to upgrading the exhaust. The sound of this thing is already as good as my PSE w/ bypass...I think the bigger target will be reduced weight from an aftermarket system.
How much does something like this weigh ?