Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Champion Motorsport 991 Shop Car

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012 | 10:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Sales@ChampionMotorsport

I bet more engineering went into this exhaust than some entire cars get. Damn that looks complicated (and HEAVY).

I don't think the term 'modify' will be used as much as 'replace' when it comes to upgrading the exhaust. The sound of this thing is already as good as my PSE w/ bypass...I think the bigger target will be reduced weight from an aftermarket system.

Old 02-15-2012 | 10:23 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by 997carrerasblk06
I'm sorry i was just reassured why i am getting a GT2 next....take the bumper off to change the air filters....jesus.
Have you looked under the hood of a Panamera V8? Same thing. The front bumper cover has to be removed to access the air filters. I thought the same thing when I originally saw these images, but then I realized that access to the filters isn't required all that often, and probably when other engine maintenance is occurring. So, when you really think about it...no big deal. I understand if you want to replace with aftermarket filters it might be a PITA for a normally simple job, but then again it can be fun as a small project.

Ze Germans are apparently more focused on performance & efficiency than annual maintenance than our domestic guys. Here in the US we just make everything bigger to add more space to work in.

Last edited by dallascajun; 02-15-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Old 02-16-2012 | 08:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Bullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant future
looking forward to updates.

Old 02-16-2012 | 09:32 AM
|
Former Sponsor
Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by TAHorizon
Did you guys at least get a baseline dyno done and lap times before you started ripping her appart? How do you know what improvements you have made by your "tuning?"
Do I detect a note of......"sarcasm"? No, we did not dyno it...yet. But once our exhaust system is complete, we will do back to back dynos on the same day to get an accurate result from our "tuning". Last week it was 55 degrees in Florida, in two weeks it will be 94 degrees. What sense would it make to compare dyno graphs from days that have a 40 degree variance in temperature?

Originally Posted by dallascajun
I bet more engineering went into this exhaust than some entire cars get. Damn that looks complicated (and HEAVY).

I don't think the term 'modify' will be used as much as 'replace' when it comes to upgrading the exhaust. The sound of this thing is already as good as my PSE w/ bypass...I think the bigger target will be reduced weight from an aftermarket system.
You're right dallas...it doesn't sound bad at all the way it is, but I think there's some room for improvement, there always is. And oh my goodness is it H-E-A-V-Y!! I don't remember the exact weight, but as soon as I get all the pieces out of the shop I'll weight it. It had to be 50 lbs at least!

Our main goal with the exhaust is going to be to give it a little more of a tailored sound, and to drop a lot of weight.

Old 02-16-2012 | 09:38 AM
|
Former Sponsor
Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
For those that are interested in what's happenin'....we were able to fit our PDK paddle shifter kit onto the 991 steering wheel too, which is good news for anyone who didn't get the paddle-equipped wheel on the car standard.

Old 02-16-2012 | 09:41 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Tommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond repute
Tom, those paddles are sick! Nice work and can't wait to see this baby progress. Can you give us a teaser on the wheel design?

Old 02-16-2012 | 10:02 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Tom for the heck of it can you throw the stock exhaust on a scale for me? Super curious how heavy that thing is!

Old 02-16-2012 | 10:52 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Sales@ChampionMotorsport
Do I detect a note of......"sarcasm"? No, we did not dyno it...yet. But once our exhaust system is complete, we will do back to back dynos on the same day to get an accurate result from our "tuning". Last week it was 55 degrees in Florida, in two weeks it will be 94 degrees. What sense would it make to compare dyno graphs from days that have a 40 degree variance in temperature?
There was no sarcasm in my tone. My point was, you haven't had the car long enough to see what it is capable of and what it NEEDS to make it faster, yet you are already chucking stuff out of it and throwing on new parts.

Granted, it is very obvious that taking weight of of that big heavy exhaust system will help, but still, you don't even know what the car started before you started gutting it. i don't know, this rubbed me the wrong way. Sorry for the rant...

Old 02-16-2012 | 10:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
krenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond repute
Love what you guys are doing here so far. I can't wait to see how this build progresses... you guys always do quality stuff!

And I don't think the little stickers are as 'horrible' as some say. If you're using this car for promo purposes, it makes perfect sense.

Old 02-16-2012 | 11:12 AM
|
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by TAHorizon
There was no sarcasm in my tone. My point was, you haven't had the car long enough to see what it is capable of and what it NEEDS to make it faster, yet you are already chucking stuff out of it and throwing on new parts.

Granted, it is very obvious that taking weight of of that big heavy exhaust system will help, but still, you don't even know what the car started before you started gutting it. i don't know, this rubbed me the wrong way. Sorry for the rant...
Then I apologize, but you put the word "tuning" in quotes, which to me implied a note of sarcasm. Anyway...let's move on

We know that reducing weight almost never hurts, so that's step 1. Once we have that exhaust system fitted and designed physically, then we're going to start playing with flow and internal designs. That's why we really didn't dyno it yet. Plus, like I was saying...down here in Florida you really have to dyno cars on the same day otherwise weather conditions are just way too variable. Especially on an NA car where power gains will most likely be small, it's important to have really accurate comparisons from before/after.

Quick Reply: Champion Motorsport 991 Shop Car