Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

My Incoming 991S

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012 | 01:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Mabrouk!! Would love to see it in Lebanon in the summer!

Old 02-07-2012 | 02:43 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond repute
Already drove one and let me tell you...you will NOT be disappointed. The car is truly a league in overall feel and technology than the 997.2. Midrange is fantastic and the thing is LOUD even without sports exhaust...the transmission is now completely perfect as well...many points during my drive I thought how similar to cup cars I have driven the thing sounded...

Old 02-07-2012 | 04:53 PM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Sechsgang
Already drove one and let me tell you...you will NOT be disappointed. The car is truly a league in overall feel and technology than the 997.2. Midrange is fantastic and the thing is LOUD even without sports exhaust...the transmission is now completely perfect as well...many points during my drive I thought how similar to cup cars I have driven the thing sounded...
Great to hear, cause my last car was a 2011 997 GT3, and I am worried about an overly "domesticated" 911...

Old 02-08-2012 | 01:10 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by marakji
Great to hear, cause my last car was a 2011 997 GT3, and I am worried about an overly "domesticated" 911...
Ya, wouldnt worry...and with the sport exhaust and chrono package the thing will be bonkers for a "normal" carrera.

Old 02-18-2012 | 06:10 AM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Sechsgang
Ya, wouldnt worry...and with the sport exhaust and chrono package the thing will be bonkers for a "normal" carrera.
Just took the demo 991S for a short spin... WOW! Sport exhaust note is just right, PDK is surprisingly perfect, especially at downshifts, and the overall cabin feel is amazing... I just spent 10 minutes with it all in all, staying in it longer would only make it harder to leave, and even harder to wait for mine... I am totally in love with it! All those waiting for one are in for a total experience

Old 02-21-2012 | 12:01 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ritesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond repute
A friend of mine got his last week. I drove it a couple of days ago. His spec is: C2S, PDK, 20 inch wheels, Porsche Tq. Vectoring, Sport exhaust.

The car is truly amazing. It is so much more refined than the 997.2S or my GT3. It is quieter, faster, smoother, more luxurious and the Sport exhaust burbles a bit like a Ferrari when you downshift. It handles well with little drama. It is truly in giant step forward from the 997.

The car is big though and I really need to spend more time with it to see if I love the styling or not. The prices for a C2S partially loaded have gone up significantly. Other than that... the car is perfect.

Old 02-21-2012 | 10:15 AM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Ritesh
A friend of mine got his last week. I drove it a couple of days ago. His spec is: C2S, PDK, 20 inch wheels, Porsche Tq. Vectoring, Sport exhaust.

The car is truly amazing. It is so much more refined than the 997.2S or my GT3. It is quieter, faster, smoother, more luxurious and the Sport exhaust burbles a bit like a Ferrari when you downshift. It handles well with little drama. It is truly in giant step forward from the 997.

The car is big though and I really need to spend more time with it to see if I love the styling or not. The prices for a C2S partially loaded have gone up significantly. Other than that... the car is perfect.
I should have mine in a couple of weeks and give more detailed feedback

Old 02-21-2012 | 10:35 AM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm hearing nothing but good things from the new 991. Can't wait to drive my first one.

Old 02-21-2012 | 03:41 PM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by JonA85
I'm hearing nothing but good things from the new 991. Can't wait to drive my first one.
I can only IMAGINE the 991 GT3...

Old 02-22-2012 | 08:48 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Kevinc_2 is an unknown quantity at this point
I drove the 991 S a couple of weeks ago and really, really liked it. I parked it next to a 2011 GTS after the test drive and when the cars are side by side you can see the change in the exterior size. With the exception of the tail light shape, I think it's much harder to see the changes if you don't compare them next to each other. I spent a fair amount of time with the online tool building the car and finalizing the options. I ordered one last Saturday and got this message from my dealer this week “Porsche has accepted your specs that we submitted and has assigned a build date of April 2nd. With some luck it will be here in late April.”

Quick Reply: My Incoming 991S