Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Metallic or non metallic?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 08:23 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
BlackNred is on a distinguished roadBlackNred is on a distinguished roadBlackNred is on a distinguished roadBlackNred is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by marakji
Non-metallic black, all the way
finally someone confirms my preference.
non metallic looks really more outlined. the glossy metallic thing is so "girly"

Old 01-02-2012, 09:25 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by BlackNred
finally someone confirms my preference.
non metallic looks really more outlined. the glossy metallic thing is so "girly"
when it comes to porsche colors, to me it's black, red, yellow, or white... the standard colors...

Old 01-02-2012, 05:38 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
GTS-R is an unknown quantity at this point
I debated between basalt and black on my boxster spyder, but when I saw them side by side, I liked the standard black better.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond repute
Standard black looks better when its clean and free from swirl marks, but unless your car is going to be sitting in your garage collecting dust, go for basalt black.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:10 PM
Teamspeed Member
rubber_ducky is on a distinguished roadrubber_ducky is on a distinguished roadrubber_ducky is on a distinguished road
Metallics, especially blacks, are easier to keep clean than their non-metallic counterparts.

It has been said millions of times that: [non metallic] black isn't a color, it's a job

Old 01-03-2012, 02:43 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I would only ever get a non-metallic! My Blue Turquiose is stunning to see. My first non-metallic and from now on that's how I'm going!

Old 01-03-2012, 05:46 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
BlackNred is on a distinguished roadBlackNred is on a distinguished roadBlackNred is on a distinguished roadBlackNred is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by rubber_ducky
Metallics, especially blacks, are easier to keep clean than their non-metallic counterparts.

It has been said millions of times that: [non metallic] black isn't a color, it's a job
how about if you are in an area where it never rains during the year and sun is shining eveeeeery day. like Dubai?
should be easier to maintain right?

Old 01-03-2012, 08:55 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
not at all....
the dust will show immediately on a non metallic black car

Old 01-03-2012, 09:22 AM
Teamspeed Member
rubber_ducky is on a distinguished roadrubber_ducky is on a distinguished roadrubber_ducky is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BlackNred
how about if you are in an area where it never rains during the year and sun is shining eveeeeery day. like Dubai?
should be easier to maintain right?
Originally Posted by ECB
not at all....
the dust will show immediately on a non metallic black car
What ECB said.

IMO, nothing looks better than a freshly cleaned jet black car. But it only looks freshly cleaned for a matter of hours. Never days.

Being in a dry, sunny climate will allow you to dust the car (with a california car duster-like tool) for a rather quick clean-up though.