Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Metallic or non metallic?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 05:32 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
BlackNred is on a distinguished roadBlackNred is on a distinguished roadBlackNred is on a distinguished roadBlackNred is on a distinguished road
Metallic or non metallic?

What do you guys think about metallic or non metallic? I'm thinking about getting a black 991 S cab...but I'm really not that sure about the metallic thing...sometimes i saw porches 997 which just looked really powerful and somehow more dense or strong and i noticed it was non metallic...

Someone has further thoughts on this?

Old 12-15-2011, 05:43 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Metallic Black looks fantastic polished in the sun and will hide a few of the scratches you'd otherwise glare at with flat black. Either way you can't go wrong mate, a black 991 cab will be stunning!

On a 997, Basalt Black Metallic:

Old 12-15-2011, 06:06 PM
Banned
Manettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to all
Originally Posted by DJ
Metallic Black looks fantastic polished in the sun and will hide a few of the scratches you'd otherwise glare at with flat black. Either way you can't go wrong mate, a black 991 cab will be stunning!

On a 997, Basalt Black Metallic:
agreed. Go for Basalt Black it looks amazing

Last edited by Manettino; 12-15-2011 at 06:07 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:32 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
BlackNred is on a distinguished roadBlackNred is on a distinguished roadBlackNred is on a distinguished roadBlackNred is on a distinguished road
i always liked the basalt black, until i saw a mat black one and suddenly notitced, baslat black isnt real black its more a dark grey or something, dont u feel so too?
the real black might be the mat one, dark and bad

Old 12-15-2011, 06:36 PM
Banned
Manettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to all
Originally Posted by BlackNred
i always liked the basalt black, until i saw a mat black one and suddenly notitced, baslat black isnt real black its more a dark grey or something, dont u feel so too?
agreed, but the thing with regular black is that it is just black. Basalt Black is definitely a really dark grey, but when the sun hits it, holy s**t is it beautiful

Last edited by Manettino; 12-15-2011 at 06:39 PM.
Old 12-25-2011, 02:27 AM
Teamspeed Member
Edgy01 has a reputation beyond reputeEdgy01 has a reputation beyond reputeEdgy01 has a reputation beyond reputeEdgy01 has a reputation beyond reputeEdgy01 has a reputation beyond reputeEdgy01 has a reputation beyond reputeEdgy01 has a reputation beyond reputeEdgy01 has a reputation beyond reputeEdgy01 has a reputation beyond reputeEdgy01 has a reputation beyond reputeEdgy01 has a reputation beyond repute
Clearly, the metallics hide a lot of sins.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:13 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Love the non-metallics!!

Old 12-27-2011, 02:33 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
GS997S is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by BlackNred
The regular or standard black is not a mat finish. It is definitely glossy.

Old 01-01-2012, 09:25 PM
DBV
Teamspeed Senior Member
DBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond repute
Basalt Black all day long. The regular black is nice, but you lose some of the visual pop of the body lines and creases. Also, as stated above, the metallic will help hide some of those pesky swirl marks you're bound to accumulate.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:57 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Non-metallic black, all the way

Quick Reply: Metallic or non metallic?