Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Replacing uncomfortable "comfort" seats

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 01:34 AM
Teamspeed Member
iceman912 is a jewel in the roughiceman912 is a jewel in the roughiceman912 is a jewel in the roughiceman912 is a jewel in the roughiceman912 is a jewel in the roughiceman912 is a jewel in the roughiceman912 is a jewel in the roughiceman912 is a jewel in the roughiceman912 is a jewel in the roughiceman912 is a jewel in the roughiceman912 is a jewel in the rough
Thousands of people use the standard seats w/o any issue.Go cek a dokter. ITS not the seats......its your body that is not functioning well. And pls i agree w 81911. Its not the dealers fault that u hv a problem w your shoulders. Unless u told them b4 went u order the car.

Old 11-28-2011, 01:40 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Yomama8me is an unknown quantity at this point
If the dealer tells me an option isn't available then I believe him. It was the sales manager who configured the car with me. If he had asked me if I wanted a different seat then I would have tried the other ones. That's his job.

Most places I have bought expensive things from happily exchange things if a customer asks. On my old BMW I decided I wanted better wheels and they happily exchanged them for the difference in cost at 5,000 miles. That's what a good business does for its customers.

I only have 2,000 miles on this thing right now.

Old 11-28-2011, 01:47 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
The Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by iceman912
Thousands of people use the standard seats w/o any issue.Go cek a dokter. ITS not the seats......its your body that is not functioning well. And pls i agree w 81911. Its not the dealers fault that u hv a problem w your shoulders. Unless u told them b4 went u order the car.

Originally Posted by Yomama8me
I have a long torso and wide shoulders and my shoulder blades are resting on the part of the seat that curves inwards.
i don't think him having a long torso and wide shoulders has anything to do with his body not functioning well. while i do agree it's not really the dealer's fault. i can't fault the OP either, the longer the test drive the more better sense the buyer can get, if it really suits him/her.

i actually can relate to this, being 6'3 i fear for the headroom whenever i step into a car.

Old 11-28-2011, 12:30 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
So I get this straight; you have (100% accuracy) sat in either a sport seat or adaptive seat, yes? As of right now, you have the 12 way power seat, correct?

Old 11-28-2011, 12:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond repute
My 997 came with the comfort seats also, and I hated them too.

I bought some sport seats that came out of a GT3RS for $1200. It was an easy swap. i did it myself.

The seats are bolted down by 4 bolts and the the wiring harness is the same for all the seats. Plug and play.

Old 11-28-2011, 05:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
djantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Yomama8me
I have the standard seats without the wings and that's the problem. If I had the wings, I wouldn't have those bolsters pressing against my shoulder blades all of the time.

I finally sat in an adaptive seat and it felt great

I wish I could chop out holes in the bolsters so I fit better!
That's weird how standard seats don't fit you. I would think it's the other way around since standard seats don't have anything protruding into your shoulder.

In any case, upgrade if it bothers you. There are tons of seating options out there and buying used will keep cost down.

Philosophically, you shouldn't believe what sales people tell you. Porsche salesman is no different than another other salesman. Lesson learned.

Old 11-28-2011, 05:23 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation

Originally Posted by djantlive
That's weird how standard seats don't fit you. I would think it's the other way around since standard seats don't have anything protruding into your shoulder.

In any case, upgrade if it bothers you. There are tons of seating options out there and buying used will keep cost down.

Philosophically, you shouldn't believe what sales people tell you. Porsche salesman is no different than another other salesman. Lesson learned.
Yikes...generalize much? So with that same philosophy are all Dr's the same? Just want to have you take a pill and cut you open? All Lawyers lie and just want your money?

Well, maybe Dana.

Let's slow down, and stop with the 'I'm a victim' mentality.

To your VALID point- one would think the standard seats are more comfortable- however I did have one client state that BECAUSE the sport seat flares out- it creates a flatter surface for certain people whose upper back/shoulder blades- hit that area. So its plausible. expensive yes. but plausible.

Old 11-28-2011, 05:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond repute
Seats are a very personal thing. Not being comfortable in a car ruins the whole experience. My first time driving a gallardo was ruined because I was not comfortable in the car.

I'm a sorta large dude at 6'2" and 230lbs, and I found the comfort seats to be too narrow to support me. Felt like I was leaning back against a Popsicle stick. The sports/adaptive seats were a much better fit for me as the wings make them wider.

Old 11-28-2011, 05:44 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Casey914 has a reputation beyond reputeCasey914 has a reputation beyond reputeCasey914 has a reputation beyond reputeCasey914 has a reputation beyond reputeCasey914 has a reputation beyond reputeCasey914 has a reputation beyond reputeCasey914 has a reputation beyond reputeCasey914 has a reputation beyond reputeCasey914 has a reputation beyond reputeCasey914 has a reputation beyond reputeCasey914 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Yikes...generalize much? So with that same philosophy are all Dr's the same? Just want to have you take a pill and cut you open? All Lawyers lie and just want your money?

Well, maybe Dana.

Let's slow down, and stop with the 'I'm a victim' mentality.

To your VALID point- one would think the standard seats are more comfortable- however I did have one client state that BECAUSE the sport seat flares out- it creates a flatter surface for certain people whose upper back/shoulder blades- hit that area. So its plausible. expensive yes. but plausible.
I dont normally agree w/sanner but i do this time.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:19 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by djantlive

I can't even post against this without it being a personal attack, so I won't.

Quick Reply: Replacing uncomfortable "comfort" seats