Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Some detail shots of the new 911 (991)

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 05:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Some detail shots of the new 911 (991)

gents,
had fun visiting the IAA Frankfurt this year. it's good opportunity to see the 991 in person. i spend a good amount of time to see the car, especially from the angle that we haven't seen online. i also took some pics of the details that i want to share with you. hope they're helpful for some that are planning to get the car in the early stage.

my feeling towards it is still mixed. i'm sure i'll get used to it, just a matter of time. overall Porsche did a nice job. besides the subjective design opinion, the overall build quality is superb. however, if u're coming from the latest Cayenne & Panamera, u'll find nothing surprising about the quality. they're identically the same.

the new car is packed with all the new electric ''toys.'' good to know the 991 is lighter than 997 because i'd think with all the new add-ons it would be heavier than the previous car for sure. the styling has a long way to go imo. the new body sure has potential. can't wait to see the upcoming widebody 4S, Turbo, GT3 etc...

some pics:
1. the heading shape is interesting from the side. love the dome shape instead of flat like the 997. a nice touch.

2. front parking sensors now on the 991.

3. luxury-car wiper blades.

4. sunroof buttons moved to the center console.

5. 1 piece open top.

6. notice the extra room between the rear seat back to the rear shelf & 7. the extra rear leg room. should sits 4 easily with comfort.

8. key-less go on 991.

9. auto lights finally. CF trims.

Attached Images           
Old 10-03-2011, 05:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
all cars on the display are fitted with 5mm spacer. attention to details. Porsche sure knows how to make the display car looks better.

some other detail shots.

Attached Images          

Last edited by 20C4S; 10-03-2011 at 05:25 AM.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:41 AM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
Love this car more and more with the details coming out! Great pics and info. Rep owed!

Old 10-03-2011, 11:53 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome! Really paints more of the picture. Thanks for posting!

Old 10-03-2011, 01:11 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
I *hate* saying this but I dont like the interior.

But I can't wait to drive one!

Old 10-03-2011, 01:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
I *hate* saying this but I dont like the interior.

But I can't wait to drive one!
me either. but i take it takes time to get used to. the positive thing is, the shifting location & the throw feels good. smooth like 997 but with a more direct, precise feel. overall the center console doesn't feel as ''heavy'' in the pics, which i was afraid it would give me the Panamera & Cayenne feel before i saw it.

as i see room for improvements, there's no reason for patient buyer to get one now. just for pure cosmetic comparison, the RS 4.0 next to the 991 C2S looks much better imo. i'll be waiting for the GT version for sure!

Old 10-03-2011, 09:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by 20C4S
7. the extra rear leg room. should sits 4 easily with comfort.
Great pics! Nice to see details like that. As for the extra leg room, I know the wheelbase is longer, but I've heard that it wasn't exactly given to rear passenger space. Will have to wait and see, but it looks like pic #7 is of a female with the seat pulled way forward.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by dallascajun
Great pics! Nice to see details like that. As for the extra leg room, I know the wheelbase is longer, but I've heard that it wasn't exactly given to rear passenger space. Will have to wait and see, but it looks like pic #7 is of a female with the seat pulled way forward.
it was a female passenger, but a German size one.

don't think of a huge increase. just think that it's more usable space than the current one.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:36 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by 20C4S
it was a female passenger, but a German size one.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:32 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
looks like a sizable frau, props on the pics

Quick Reply: Some detail shots of the new 911 (991)