Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

New guy on Teamspeed

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 08:34 AM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the Team.

Old 09-21-2011, 01:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Haku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome. I"ve always had a soft spot for the 4S. Had a few of them myself and loved them. Your impressions of the 991 which I'm sure you saw in person at Frankfurt?

Old 09-21-2011, 01:18 PM
Kenyan
M-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond repute

Old 09-21-2011, 01:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant future
Welcome to the team! LOving the C4S

Old 09-21-2011, 02:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome

Old 09-21-2011, 04:24 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Justin_G is a jewel in the roughJustin_G is a jewel in the roughJustin_G is a jewel in the roughJustin_G is a jewel in the roughJustin_G is a jewel in the roughJustin_G is a jewel in the roughJustin_G is a jewel in the roughJustin_G is a jewel in the roughJustin_G is a jewel in the roughJustin_G is a jewel in the roughJustin_G is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Haku
Welcome. I"ve always had a soft spot for the 4S. Had a few of them myself and loved them. Your impressions of the 991 which I'm sure you saw in person at Frankfurt?
Hi, thanks much everyone! The car has been great, and finally fulfillment of a life-long dream for me.

Regarding the 991, I have to say that it looks a lot better to me in person than in the original release photos. (I broke down and added my Frankfurt Show pics to this thread below) Porsche had about five 991s at the show, with two Carrera S models, and a "standard" Carrera on the floor, plus the two on the pedestal up front. I sat in the sole 991 with the 7-speed manual transmission, which sported a gorgeous metallic blue paint. FULL DISCLOSURE: I was not, nor am I now, a huge fan of the new 991 interior. My personal preference is more for a sports car, not a GT cruiser-type look. That being said, the cockpit had a familiar feel, and that 7-speed was very notchy and felt pretty good (at least standing still with the engine off anyway). I could see the interior warming up to me with time.

Other thoughts/observations on the new 991:
1. The key is now the same as the Panamera key, which is not my preference, but I guess that's a little thing.
2. The Porsche "host" at the show (or whatever you call him) told me that the electronic roof seen in the pictures is an option, and that Porsche will still release a Targa. He also said that even though the 991 is lower than a 997, it has slightly more headroom. I'm only 5'9'' so that extra space is lost on me.
3. The LED lights front and back look great! One solid light that looks very classy.
4. Did I mention that blue paint?! It looks freakin amazing!
5. The stopwatch on the Sport Chrono Package seems smaller and more set back than in the 997.

On another note, they had the RS 4.0 sitting nearby, and she looked awesome. What a beauty. Good way to see the 997 ride off into the sunset...

Attached Images           
Old 09-21-2011, 04:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
to the Team! Great Shots.

Old 09-21-2011, 04:32 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Justin_G is a jewel in the roughJustin_G is a jewel in the roughJustin_G is a jewel in the roughJustin_G is a jewel in the roughJustin_G is a jewel in the roughJustin_G is a jewel in the roughJustin_G is a jewel in the roughJustin_G is a jewel in the roughJustin_G is a jewel in the roughJustin_G is a jewel in the roughJustin_G is a jewel in the rough
A few more pics from the Frankfurt show that wouldn't fit in my previous post...

Attached Images           
Old 09-21-2011, 04:40 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
And now some pics of the RS 4.0 at the Frankfurt Show...

Attached Images         
Old 09-21-2011, 07:22 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I'm glad you finally made it dude!! Now I just need to see some Go-Pro camera videos from your autobahn runs...

Thanks for giving Justin a warm welcome - he's a good friend of mine!!

Quick Reply: New guy on Teamspeed