Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Officially Official: The New Porsche 911 Carrera - Information and Picture Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 08:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
I like the low roof and lip. But the rear lights are too "in the moment" and will date themselves. They remind me of the RR Evoque. IMO, they should lower the rears a la 993/964 levels.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman
I like the low roof and lip. But the rear lights are too "in the moment" and will date themselves. They remind me of the RR Evoque. IMO, they should lower the rears a la 993/964 levels.
I think you found the problem. The problem with the high rear though is probably because of crash regulations.

Though I like some parts of the 991 much better than on the 997, I think the 997 reached modern design perfection. It's so simple, and I literally cannot find one thing wrong with it.

Old 11-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Carrera
I think you found the problem. The problem with the high rear though is probably because of crash regulations.
Probably so. But I wonder if current regulations would have allowed the tail lights to sit lower? I'm sure regs wouldn't allow then to sit as low as old 930/964/993 models, but I'm certain the could have sat lower than they are now. Don't the 997 tails sit lower? Maurer has commented about the design inspiration being greatly influenced by the curves of the 993. I wish he would have taken cues from those air-cooled models when it came to rear/tail design.

Old 11-09-2011, 04:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, maybe they could have sat a bit lower. To me it seems like Mauer tried a lot to incorporate the 918's design into the rear end, and I bet that, and the engine being moved forward has a lot to do with it.

Old 11-09-2011, 05:10 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Golden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished road
is it possible for you to add solid black wheels with no polished edges to the agate grey car on page 35, the new wheels arnt avalible in paint ,think it is the carrera classics similar to the gt3 style, spec time ,just to put my mind at rest, thanks if you can

Old 11-09-2011, 06:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Sure, here you go!

Name:  first_drive__the_new_911_2_big.jpg
Views: 5330
Size:  161.0 KB

I absolutely hate the Carrera Classic wheels and they completely ruin the car. But of course, that's just my opinion.

And here is Excellence's developing review:

Excellence :: Of Note : First Drive in The New 911

And a new video of the manual transmission.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgLo3xggh1I

Old 11-09-2011, 07:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
That sounds darn good!!!!

Old 11-09-2011, 07:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
I think the 997 meshes would look great.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
sounds great!

Old 11-10-2011, 10:24 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
Still trying to figure out how you put it in 7th gear without accidentally 5th... hmmmmm

Quick Reply: Officially Official: The New Porsche 911 Carrera - Information and Picture Thread!