Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Officially Official: The New Porsche 911 Carrera - Information and Picture Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 11:37 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Hill is a name known to allHill is a name known to allHill is a name known to allHill is a name known to allHill is a name known to allHill is a name known to allHill is a name known to allHill is a name known to allHill is a name known to allHill is a name known to allHill is a name known to all
Fleet of 991s in every color lake cachuma Santa Barbara.

Old 11-08-2011, 02:36 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Dang it , I love this from this angle lol!

Old 11-08-2011, 02:37 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Then I see the rear, and I fall out of love...

Old 11-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
One strange thing about this car, from certain angles, it can look like the best looking car ever built, but then from others, it looks ultra-hideous.

Example, it looks absolutely gorgeous right here:

And rather ugly from this angle:

And then sometimes it will look bad from the angle in the first shot, and great from the angle in the second shot.

I guess I need to see it in person then!

Old 11-08-2011, 04:23 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
Nope, still doesn't look from that angle either :-)

But I do love those front shots.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:00 PM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
I think it's because of the angle of the rear bumper is a bit too steep compared to the rear decklid. If they had made it a bit more rounded instead of dropping off suddenly then it'd probably look better. Straight on from the rear that isn't as "obvious."

Old 11-08-2011, 05:14 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Golden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished road
any pics out there of the agate grey with black wheels?????

Old 11-08-2011, 05:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ
Nope, still doesn't look from that angle either :-)

But I do love those front shots.
Maybe it looks better in motion??

Launch Control in the new 911 Carrera S - YouTube

Old 11-08-2011, 07:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Hill
Fleet of 991s in every color lake cachuma Santa Barbara.
Got into LAX yesterday and saw the fleet of Cayennes in Cell Phone Lot waiting to pickup journalists. Certainly wish I was going to the Porsche event as opposed to my meetings. Great pics. Waiting for more videos and write ups now that it's being driven by non-Porsche personnel.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:51 PM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Carrera
Maybe it looks better in motion??
Nope...still looks the same.

Quick Reply: Officially Official: The New Porsche 911 Carrera - Information and Picture Thread!