Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

New Porsche 911 Pics Leak out ahead of Official Debut

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 01:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Overtaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond repute
The interior looks like a great place to spend a commute. Those headlights are enormous though!

Old 08-17-2011, 01:12 PM
Teamspeed Member
Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tatanko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I've seen a few people say they don't like the "fog lights"... what fog lights? All I see are headlights and DRL's.

Anyway, I like it! I wasn't sure if I was going to like the rear end but I think I do. I wonder what it will look like with big spoilers on it (such as the GT models).

Old 08-17-2011, 01:15 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond reputedante71 has a reputation beyond repute
Well it's not a winner for me, must see it in the flesh to have a definite opinion!

Old 08-17-2011, 01:21 PM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
All I can say is WOW...I didn't think it was possible for Porsche to modernize the 911 any further than the 997 but they did it. A couple of nitpicks from me though. I feel that they've managed to make the interior more like a luxury car and less like a sports car. That's just my opinion though. I think that the 997.2 has possibly the perfect blend between sports vs luxury but the 991, not so much. Feels like they're separating the driver from the passenger too much. I know it's probably best to make things more driver orientated but not in this way I don't think. The rear end, I'm trying to like it but I think they made the tailights too small and there's just too much going on in the rear designation. I like the way they have PORSCHE in the rear glass on the 997 and just the model designation. I guess that's the first thing I'll change if I get one.

Old 08-17-2011, 01:28 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Not bad....can't believe they still leave the hideous chrono on top, and the rear center console is blech. Beyond that, glad to see Guards/Beige come back for promo material.

We'll see in a while what this thing really looks like.

Old 08-17-2011, 01:29 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond repute
The ass end and side profile looks epic. I'm still making my mind up on the front but overall i'm very impressed!

Old 08-17-2011, 01:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond repute
looks nice, kinda like the debut of the db9! i like this better though.

Old 08-17-2011, 01:38 PM
Teamspeed Member
Turbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by McRae
its a WINNER!!!

Only thing that bothers me albeit VERY small is that it says 911 before the Carrera S...we KNOW its a 911...
That's so passersby won't confuse it with a Panamera.

Old 08-17-2011, 01:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
It's definitely a huge evolution from the 997. I think I like it but I'm not 100% sure. Waaaaaaaay too much badging on the rear.

Old 08-17-2011, 01:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
I'll wait to see it in person. But I'm REALLY hating Porsche's BS computer enhancements they do for their pictures.

So far, I'm not 'wow'd' like I was hoping to be.
They aren't even real images, just 3D renderings! I hope they will release some real life pictures on the 24th. I hate these 3D renderings they're doing as of lately. But does it really matter? Not really.

And I don't think many of us are that "wowed" because of how slowly the car was revealed. First we saw all the spyshots, then the interior shots, then the spyshots without hardly any camo, and now these, so really the only new thing that we're seeing is the badgindg.

Quick Reply: New Porsche 911 Pics Leak out ahead of Official Debut