Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

C&D Tests the 991!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 09:53 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
One thing I've been wondering about is the dynamics/ergonomics of manual shifting. The article mentions that the shifter sits higher, but is shorter so that the reach is reduced. Sort of the same model as Carrera GT (which the Panamera took cues from).

It's funny how we haven't seen any spy shots of interior w/ manual shifter. It seems as all have been PDK, so haven't seen how the stick looks and fits on the console.

Also looks like options to match center console paint schemes has been reduced, ala the Panamera and Cayenne. I'm sure those pieces will be available for custom colors just like the Panamera, but obviously won't have the same visual effect as we get with current painted center consoles. What I'm also interested in is how closely the next Boxster/Cayman interior will match the 991. This appears to be the new corporate interior design for Porsche. It's high-class, but loses it's inherent sportiness.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:48 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
I just realized the door handles are exactly the same on the 991, Panamera, and Cayenne.

dallascajun, here is an interior picture with the manual transmission.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:21 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
LaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ
Interior is very 928-ish no?
That center console shap is very 928-ish!

Old 06-29-2011, 01:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Old 06-29-2011, 01:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
They say beauty skips a generation......

993 = HOT
996 = not
997 = HOT
991 = ......

We shall see.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
They say beauty skips a generation......

911 = HOT
964 = HOT

993 = HOT
996 = not
997 = HOT
991 = ......

We shall see.
Well, I guess we'll see what the pattern is in 2 months...

Old 06-29-2011, 02:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond repute
I am a little disappointed with porsche. The interior has gone the completely wrong direction. They're making a sports car interior based off a luxury sedan and SUV interior, which, I think hasn't worked. I feel they are going to loose a lot of their "purist" customers with this car, which is too bad. I really wanted to like it, but i'm gonna have to pass...

At least until the GT3/2 versions come out

Old 06-29-2011, 02:35 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
it's been said that the 997 will be the 993 of wiedeking cars.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:36 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Carrera
Well, I guess we'll see what the pattern is in 2 months...

I love that Targa mate!

Old 06-29-2011, 02:37 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
hmmm... none of it bothers me but 7 speeds... gonna have to have a huge shift knob to show all of the gear changes
+1 7 speed's is just plain dumb!!

Quick Reply: C&D Tests the 991!