Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

C&D Tests the 991!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 12:23 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
ThePorscheMan has a spectacular aura aboutThePorscheMan has a spectacular aura aboutThePorscheMan has a spectacular aura aboutThePorscheMan has a spectacular aura aboutThePorscheMan has a spectacular aura aboutThePorscheMan has a spectacular aura aboutThePorscheMan has a spectacular aura aboutThePorscheMan has a spectacular aura aboutThePorscheMan has a spectacular aura aboutThePorscheMan has a spectacular aura aboutThePorscheMan has a spectacular aura about
"Panny"? You actually used the term Panny?

Yikes.

(They tested a Panny with a manny tranny and no electronic nanny which felt just right to the fannie and made me randy.)

Old 06-29-2011, 12:31 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
ThePorscheMan has a spectacular aura aboutThePorscheMan has a spectacular aura aboutThePorscheMan has a spectacular aura aboutThePorscheMan has a spectacular aura aboutThePorscheMan has a spectacular aura aboutThePorscheMan has a spectacular aura aboutThePorscheMan has a spectacular aura aboutThePorscheMan has a spectacular aura aboutThePorscheMan has a spectacular aura aboutThePorscheMan has a spectacular aura aboutThePorscheMan has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by DJ
Interior is very 928-ish no?

Not really.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:51 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ThePorscheMan

Not really.
Your right that's nicer! :-)

Old 06-29-2011, 01:24 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by _CEO_
I'm ordering one - I'm all for the new interior and I firmly believe once the camo is lifted the haters will come around. Super excited.
I'd like to think I'm more of a skeptic than a hater, but I get your point. I'm more than excited to see how Porsche sees the 911 moving forward, but I'm also not interested in a bigger car than what I already have. I get the reasoning for the growth (hybrid power train), but that doesn't mean I'm willing to accept the trade-off.

I know I'm also trying to emotionally support my love of my GTS while I mentally prepare myself for that want I'm sure to have when the 991 is revealed...

Old 06-29-2011, 07:29 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I can't wait for all of the new 991 variants!!! Here's what I'm predicting we'll see:

Carrera
Carrera Cabrio
Carrera S
Carrera S Cabrio
Carrera 4
Carrera 4 Cabrio
Carrera 4S
Carrera 4S Cabrio
Carrera GTS
Carrera GTS Cabrio
Carrera GTS 4
Carrera GTS 4 Cabrio
GT3
GT3 RS
GT3 RS 4.2
GT2
GT2 RS
Turbo
Turbo Cabrio
Turbo S
Turbo S Cabrio
Hybrid
Hybrid S
Hybrid Cabrio
Hybrid S Cabrio
Hybrid 4
Hybrid 4S
Hybrid 4 Cabrio
Hybrid 4S Cabrio
Hybrid Targa
Hybrid Targa S
Hybrid Targa 4
Hybrid Targa 4S
Hybrid Turbo
Hybrid Turbo Cabrio
Hybrid Turbo S
Hybrid Turbo S Cabrio
Carrera Black Edition
Carrera Silver Edition
Carrera White Edition

And I'm sure there will be more wonderful special editions like the:

Carrera "I'm wearing brown socks today" Edition.

Old 06-29-2011, 07:53 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
suncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond repute
Love it!!

Old 06-29-2011, 08:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
RFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Hybrid
Hybrid S
Hybrid Cabrio
Hybrid S Cabrio
Hybrid 4
Hybrid 4S
Hybrid 4 Cabrio
Hybrid 4S Cabrio
Hybrid Targa
Hybrid Targa S
Hybrid Targa 4
Hybrid Targa 4S
Hybrid Turbo
Hybrid Turbo Cabrio
Hybrid Turbo S
Hybrid Turbo S Cabrio

OP, thanks for the article!

Old 06-29-2011, 08:28 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
hmmm... none of it bothers me but 7 speeds... gonna have to have a huge shift knob to show all of the gear changes

Old 06-29-2011, 08:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Yes DJ, the interior does look VERY 928! Look at the indent right above the passenger's side trim strip on the 991, it follow's the 928's almost exactly.

Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
hmmm... none of it bothers me but 7 speeds... gonna have to have a huge shift knob to show all of the gear changes
I assume it will be in the same sequence as they will move R to the right side of the pattern, and put 7 right before it. Essentially making it a triple H pattern HHH, well, at least that would make sense...

Old 06-29-2011, 09:39 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
I'm not sure how often the 7th gear will ever be seen by most drivers other than highway cruising. I rarely get my 997 in a place where I'm just cruising at 70+. If I'm driving that fast (which is 75% of the time), it's not hi way cruising, but quick driving up and down the North Dallas Toll(Race)way.

Quick Reply: C&D Tests the 991!