Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Rendered: Porsche 991 in the Mountains

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 03:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Post Rendered: Porsche 991 in the Mountains

For my 1,000th post, I made a 991 rendering based off of a 997. For my 2,000th post, I decided that I would try to render the 991, this time based off of one of the latest spy shots. I'm confident that this very closely resembles the final product, or at least the shape of the car, which wasn't altered at all.

Please tell me what you think, and as always, feel free to comment about how the rendering can be improved.

Thanks for viewing!

Here are the latest renderings of the rear end.

Carrera 4S:

Carrera S:

Carrera 4S Cabriolet:

Last edited by Carrera; 03-13-2011 at 11:15 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:05 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Looks awesome, thanks mate.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:59 AM
Teamspeed Member
Wild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond repute
nice render, but I just don't see the point of putting old parts on a new car?

Old 01-25-2011, 01:40 PM
Teamspeed Member
porsche.fan has a spectacular aura aboutporsche.fan has a spectacular aura aboutporsche.fan has a spectacular aura aboutporsche.fan has a spectacular aura aboutporsche.fan has a spectacular aura aboutporsche.fan has a spectacular aura aboutporsche.fan has a spectacular aura aboutporsche.fan has a spectacular aura aboutporsche.fan has a spectacular aura aboutporsche.fan has a spectacular aura aboutporsche.fan has a spectacular aura about
Best rendering so far...

Old 01-25-2011, 03:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
^^ Thanks!

Originally Posted by Wild-Speed
nice render, but I just don't see the point of putting old parts on a new car?
What do you mean? Everything on this rendering was brushed besides the fog lights. Not one part of this rendering has any 997 parts.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:26 PM
Teamspeed Member
Wild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Carrara
^^ What do you mean? Everything on this rendering was brushed besides the fog lights. Not one part of this rendering has any 997 parts.
The 'interior' of the headlights on the render is still exactly the same as it is on the 997.

The 911 does not change much in shape, so the most distinguisable parts will be the lights.

Old 01-25-2011, 11:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Wild-Speed
The 'interior' of the headlights on the render is still exactly the same as it is on the 997.

The 911 does not change much in shape, so the most distinguisable parts will be the lights.
Oh, I see what you mean. Judging by spyshots, it doesn't seem the interior of the lights will change all that much. I'm sure though that it will have thw 4 LEDs as in the 918 and Panamera. Either way, I put in a great amount of work creating the atmosphere and perfecting the shape and reflections. I think it turned out pretty nicely though somw details are most likely off.

Old 01-26-2011, 09:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
I have a question for all of you 997 owners: When will the 991 arrive on dealer's floors? The rumor on Rennlist is that since the 997 Black Edition is a MY2012, the 991 will be MY2013. Does that mean we will have to wait until next year until we see the 991? I went to a dealer over the weekend, but they said they hope to have the 991 on their showroom as of this Fall. Anyone else want to chime in?

Old 01-26-2011, 10:38 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
It will be at the Frankfurt auto show in 2012, errr I mean 2011

Old 01-26-2011, 10:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
joshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond repute
you are the 13 year old equivalent to a photoshop master!!

Quick Reply: Rendered: Porsche 991 in the Mountains