Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Rendered: Porsche 991 in the Mountains

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 02:46 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Great job, added your rear renderings to OP!

Old 02-18-2011, 02:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Here are the latest renderings of the 991's rear end in the mountains.

Carrera S:

1600 Wide

Carrera 4S:

1600 Wide

Thanks for viewing everyone!

Last edited by Carrera; 02-18-2011 at 03:19 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:50 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
I'm curious to see if they do the back script like the Panamera and Cayenne with "P O R S C H E" in uppercase lettering?

Like this maybe?

Old 02-18-2011, 02:59 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I've always wondered how the red reflector strip between the taillights of the Carrera 4 models would look like if they lit up. Think Lincoln MKX-style, pre-facelift. No?

I hope the "P O R S C H E" lettering doesn't make it to the 991 and the rear deck lid remains marked by a simple "Carrera" or "Carrera _" denomination. Does anyone think the reflector strip will make a comeback for the next-generation 4 models?

Porschephile88

Old 02-18-2011, 03:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting idea DJ. I have to agree with Porschephile88 though. I hope they leave the PORSCHE lettering on the rear end to the Panamera/Cayenne.

Old 02-18-2011, 03:22 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
^^Well Fine then!!!

Old 02-19-2011, 09:13 AM
Teamspeed Pro
hg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant future
all the renderings in this thread are really good, great job DJ and Carrara!

i'd love to see one GT3RS version in RS orange/green

Old 02-21-2011, 06:00 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
El Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Carrara
I have a question for all of you 997 owners: When will the 991 arrive on dealer's floors? The rumor on Rennlist is that since the 997 Black Edition is a MY2012, the 991 will be MY2013. Does that mean we will have to wait until next year until we see the 991? I went to a dealer over the weekend, but they said they hope to have the 991 on their showroom as of this Fall. Anyone else want to chime in?
I believe Porsche plan on unveiling it this year, however it probably won't go on sale until next year (possibly spring) as there are still a few variants of the 997 coming out (e.g. Black Edition in April)... they won't want to rush the 997 out the door this year - in my opinion - and jeopardize potential sales of the last batch.

Old 02-21-2011, 11:31 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by El Wehbi
I believe Porsche plan on unveiling it this year, however it probably won't go on sale until next year (possibly spring) as there are still a few variants of the 997 coming out (e.g. Black Edition in April)... they won't want to rush the 997 out the door this year - in my opinion - and jeopardize potential sales of the last batch.
As is my understanding, Porsche has no issues selling or even producing two separate vehicle models. From what I've heard and read, their production facilities in Zuffenhausen can easily produce different models, so having a 997 and 991 on the same floor wouldn't do too much harm; especially considering any good deals that salespeople would make on 997s to get them off dealer lots.

Reps at Porsche Centre Kuwait told me that the 991 will be coming to Kuwait sometime in January or February 2012, so that should be a general timeframe for the Middle East market. Porsche already confirmed that the 991 will be unveiled at the IAA in Frankfurt in September 2011, and the first dealers [in Germany, possibly other European markets] will have the car on display in December. Sales should commence around September, but dealers are already taking down payments for the vehicle as solid expressions of ownership intent.

Porschephile88

Old 02-22-2011, 01:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Quote from somebody on another forum who has seen the 991 undisguised before commenting on my rendering:

"yes, this drawing is pretty accurate (as far as I remember)."

Quick Reply: Rendered: Porsche 991 in the Mountains