Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

997.2 : Upgrade from standard to adaptive bi-xenon headlights

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 09:22 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
suncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond repute
I think there might be more involved to convert it. We were checking on this last week, there is a different front wiring harness, and some sort of control unit. You might be able to plug them in, but I don't think they will rotate without the control units and wiring.

Old 12-06-2010, 02:59 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
DGN C4S is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks Suncoast. Please do let us know if you do determine how to go about making the upgrade. Love your site, BTW and have purchsed products from you in the past and will continue to do so in the future as well.

Old 12-14-2010, 09:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
i just did the first part of the swap. knowing that the control modules (the dynamic light has 2 modules instead of 1) are different as well as the wiring harness, i just want to make sure the dynamic light works first in a car that has the normal light. the basic function works fine - both low beam & high beam. there is an error code needs to be cleared. it was the cornering light function. done that, all good now.

obviously they don't turn like it suppose to be, but if anyone wants just the ''look'' it can be done. next i'll try switching the modules without the harness to see what happens.

Old 12-15-2010, 05:10 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
DGN C4S is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the info, 20C4S. Look forward to the results of the next step!
Getting ready to "GIAC' mine along w/ wheel replacement, new Mich. P2s in the rear and a major thorough detail. So, that will keep me busy for a bit before getting back to the lights.
Thanks much!

Old 12-15-2010, 09:18 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
suncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond repute
Let us know, hope it goes well.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:03 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Any news Arling? Anything I need to know to tell my installer?

Old 09-29-2022, 11:25 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
CKone is an unknown quantity at this point
Bi-Xenon Upgrade: Follow Up

Originally Posted by suncoastric
I think there might be more involved to convert it. We were checking on this last week, there is a different front wiring harness, and some sort of control unit. You might be able to plug them in, but I don't think they will rotate without the control units and wiring.
Does Suncoast sell a complete upgrade package for the Bi-Xenon lights, including modules? It’s been 12 - 13 years since this post, I’m assuming someone solved the upgrade challenge by now.

Old 03-19-2023, 06:10 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Adolf111 is an unknown quantity at this point
I can't tell. Your car is so cool.