Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

997 for a DD?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010 | 09:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
Chris all those storage pics and not one with the SCAR!!!

To the OP, I DD a GT2RS every day (on the web) and love it.

In reality, I think if you want it enough, you can find a way to make the clubs fit. So I say do it!

Old 11-17-2010 | 09:35 PM
|
Teamspeed Pro
VegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond repute
how smokin'? 3-pedal cars only btw.

Old 11-20-2010 | 01:47 AM
Teamspeed Member
Tacet-C is on a distinguished roadTacet-C is on a distinguished roadTacet-C is on a distinguished road
Hah, if you are short enough to fit comfortably in a Cayman. Not the case for us studs who are too tall. I was so in love with that car when it first came out. Sorry Charlie...

Old 11-20-2010 | 05:58 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
p-cardriver is an unknown quantity at this point
I have bought from both Chris (Stoppie) and Isringhausen (Mercedes) and would not hesitate to recommend either one.

I have a 2007 997C2S that I bought new from Chris three years ago this week. It now has just over 66k miles on it and is doing just fine. Obviously I drive it daily, all year round. I also maintain it very well.

I will be selling it sometime in the next couple of months - if someone is seriously interested I'd sell it today. The reason is divorce, moving to a condo, poor parking and no place to wash and care for it. Otherwise I'd keep it for at least another 100k miles.

Old 11-20-2010 | 09:02 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Mike, so glad to see you here. Great community!

Got your email, will put my brain cap on for ya and give you a shout Monday,

Cheers my friend.

Old 11-20-2010 | 11:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Pros:
lighter car = more fun to drive. u can really toss the 911 around. not the M5.
manual = more fun to drive. i loved my SMG M5. i actually prefer the SMG for daily though.

Cons:
interior is small. storage is small. i tend to like more room for my DD doesn't mean i will use the room.
manual is fun but it'll keep u busy all the time. it's a shame to say but when i commute on daily bases the car is my mobile office - checking email, checking stock, text, making calls u name it. i don't think u want to do that in 911. actually that takes the ''fun'' away.
the ride quality on the 997 is actually not that great. compare to M5 of course. after a long day of work i think i would prefer in the M5 than the 997. just saying. btw, all the 911s i've had, they make quite a bit of rattling noises. would hate that in my DD.

bottom line, i don't think i want to daily the 997 just for the above reason, but that's just me though. 997 is a everyday sports car but i don't want to DD it. i would get a beater truck as DD & get the 997 as semi-DD & weekend fun.

Old 11-20-2010 | 11:25 PM
Official Teamspeed Duck's Fan
BuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know about your business, but when I sold high-end home a/v systems pulling up to a clients home in a nice car is a bonus, pulling up in a sports car like a 911 was not. I have had a few co-workers with 911's and one with an NSX who all either bought a cheap daily drivers and kept the sports car or sold the sports car and bought something like the M5 that has performance yet is still understated.

Old 11-21-2010 | 06:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
carendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BuzzedHornet
I don't know about your business, but when I sold high-end home a/v systems pulling up to a clients home in a nice car is a bonus, pulling up in a sports car like a 911 was not. I have had a few co-workers with 911's and one with an NSX who all either bought a cheap daily drivers and kept the sports car or sold the sports car and bought something like the M5 that has performance yet is still understated.
agree w/ that - like it or not, despite similar pricing, the average person thinks: m5 says "success", porsche says "ostentatious". if you're driving me around trying to sell houses in a porsche, i'll grind you more on the price.

- chuck