Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

In with the 997; Out with the Vette

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 12:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome car. Very well optioned. Enjoy and welcome!

Old 10-11-2010, 12:44 PM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
Great pickup.... Enjoy the new p-car in good health

Old 10-11-2010, 12:59 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats, I am not too fond of the carpet it really pops out too much.

Old 10-11-2010, 01:00 PM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to TS. I like your new Porsche.

Old 10-11-2010, 01:51 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
mjsporsche is an unknown quantity at this point
Appreciate the warm welcome.

The mats are bit much. Both in terms of the "pop" of red and the cost of that option was in excess of $500. Crazy!

I have a set of Lloyds that the seller provided to me to preserve the red leather trim.

My last Porsche was a 993. Loved it for almost 10 years. When I got into the 997 for the first time, the greatness of Porsche was back. Like riding a bike.

Mark

Old 10-11-2010, 03:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
NuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond repute
My son, you made the right decision, and Chris is a great guy. Plus, you ended up with a gorgeous 997 to boot! Great-looking car, enjoy it in the best of health.

Old 10-11-2010, 05:06 PM
Banned
TORCH FRC is a glorious beacon of lightTORCH FRC is a glorious beacon of lightTORCH FRC is a glorious beacon of lightTORCH FRC is a glorious beacon of lightTORCH FRC is a glorious beacon of lightTORCH FRC is a glorious beacon of lightTORCH FRC is a glorious beacon of lightTORCH FRC is a glorious beacon of lightTORCH FRC is a glorious beacon of lightTORCH FRC is a glorious beacon of lightTORCH FRC is a glorious beacon of light
Beautiful 997.

How does the 997 compare performance wise?

Old 10-11-2010, 06:58 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
mjsporsche is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by TORCH FRC
Beautiful 997.

How does the 997 compare performance wise?
Interesting question that often evokes strong emotions by loyalists of each marque. To me, Corvette is old school muscle car performance. Strong acceleration, lots of torque. Handling was soft and floaty. Suspension needs rework if I wanted it to be more Porsche like.

Porsche is a precision instrument. Carve an apex. Easier shifting and clutch engagement.

In between are BMWs.

Both have their strengths. But there is a reason why I am back!

Mark

Old 10-13-2010, 09:19 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
07C2SCab is an unknown quantity at this point
Congrats on the new car.
Once you have driven a Porsche, there is no other car that can compare to that feeling (at least for me).

Old 11-05-2010, 08:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
I love the color combo and of course welcome to the club!

Quick Reply: In with the 997; Out with the Vette