Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

In with the 997; Out with the Vette

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 10:12 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
mjsporsche is an unknown quantity at this point
In with the 997; Out with the Vette

It took a while and some of you (Stoppie) know that real well.

A month ago I pulled the trigger on a beautiful 2008 C2S. I am really enjoying it. This weekend, my 2005 Corvette was picked up by its new owner. The transformation of me is now complete (for now!).

I look forward to being part of the Porsche community, from the inside!.

In with the new!

Out with the "old".

Old 10-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
As soon as I saw the first few letters of your screen name, I knew it was you Mark! Congratulations and ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!!

Was this the car you and I spoke about?

Old 10-11-2010, 10:30 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Chris,

You are so good!

This was the car we spoke about. Great individual was selling it. It was his 1st Porsche after a series of 9 new BMWs. He had it for 2 years and realized that he prefers BMWs. He ordered a new M3 with a MSRP of $74K.

This 997 is nicely equipped. A few nice options such as Sports Chrono (not sure what to do with it); Nav, Bose, Power seats, Heated (that I know what to do with them), and a few decorative things (red seat belts, red border leather trim mats, embossed headrests). Nice options. Enthusiast owned and cared for. 7,500 miles. 18 months of remaining warranty. A good time to buy as the market was closing. In with the new.

It was not so easy to sell the Vette. The market window was closing because of the season ending. And it is still a fun car. But a local person saw an ad I placed and stopped by and fell in love. And I priced it to sell. Out with the old.

So the Porsche juices are flowing and I am back in the fold.

Hope you are doing well.

Regards,

Mark

Old 10-11-2010, 10:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats! It's amazing how much better this car looks compared to the Vette. I love the Meteor Grey, and the red contrast!

Old 10-11-2010, 10:42 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Mark! Yep, glad to have you back with Porsche, and welcome to TeamSpeed!

Old 10-11-2010, 10:49 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by porschecarreragtmay6
Congrats! It's amazing how much better this car looks compared to the Vette. I love the Meteor Grey, and the red contrast!
Thank you and it is great to be back.

It has been a long 5 years away from Porsche. Although these forums always kept me connected.

Mark

Old 10-11-2010, 10:50 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the bright side!

Old 10-11-2010, 12:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Knox is just really niceKnox is just really niceKnox is just really niceKnox is just really niceKnox is just really niceKnox is just really niceKnox is just really niceKnox is just really niceKnox is just really niceKnox is just really niceKnox is just really nice
Congrats and welcome to TS!

Old 10-11-2010, 12:31 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats and good choice!! Welcome to the TEAM!

Old 10-11-2010, 12:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats and welcome to TS! Great color combo.

Enjoy the 997S in the best of health.

Quick Reply: In with the 997; Out with the Vette