Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Spy Photos: 2012 Porsche 911 Interior

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010 | 01:59 PM
Teamspeed Member
kabbanid has a reputation beyond reputekabbanid has a reputation beyond reputekabbanid has a reputation beyond reputekabbanid has a reputation beyond reputekabbanid has a reputation beyond reputekabbanid has a reputation beyond reputekabbanid has a reputation beyond reputekabbanid has a reputation beyond reputekabbanid has a reputation beyond reputekabbanid has a reputation beyond reputekabbanid has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by _CEO_
Maybe they'll actually have the smarts this time to add automatic headlights and keyless entry.
Well keyless entry means keyless drive, and I can't imagine starting a 911 with the press of button (even if the button is on the left side)

A definite no no.

Old 09-24-2010 | 03:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
^^ If they do have key less entry hopefully it is optional.

The ignition is on the left side for a reason. With this key less ignition, there will no longer be a reason.

Originally Posted by kabbanid
Is this Porsche's lack of imagination? It all looks like a copy and paste job to me and trying to use as much common components as possible. If I wanted a Panamera I would go for one. This is not the way a 911 should like. Thank God they brought the Carrera GTS, I will get myself one before this 2012 model comes out.
Wait until the 991 Carrera GTS. It will be better than this.

Old 09-24-2010 | 03:22 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mini George
Not really liking it. It looks just like the Pana and Cayenne.

I agree with TeutonicCarFan, they are getting away from the simple sports car ways.
i agree and yes

Old 09-24-2010 | 03:37 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond repute
As long as things end up being lighter and made of better materials... But would rather have it be more "sports car" than "GT".

Old 09-24-2010 | 04:02 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
911is is an unknown quantity at this point
very bad look

Old 09-24-2010 | 04:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by porschecarreragtmay6
The ignition is on the left side for a reason. With this key less ignition, there will no longer be a reason.
The ignition is on the left side so you can start the car and put it in gear at the same time. Even if there is a button instead of a key, it still serves the same purpose to have it on the left on the manual transmission cars.

Old 09-24-2010 | 04:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ZAMIRZ
The ignition is on the left side so you can start the car and put it in gear at the same time. Even if there is a button instead of a key, it still serves the same purpose to have it on the left on the manual transmission cars.
Great yet simple racing technology.

Old 09-24-2010 | 05:24 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
mjc123 is on a distinguished roadmjc123 is on a distinguished roadmjc123 is on a distinguished roadmjc123 is on a distinguished roadmjc123 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by joshg120
im thinking that if the placement of the 6-speed is up high like where the pdk knob sits shifting might be a little ackward, but i've doubted porsche before and they rarely ever let me down so ill just wait and see
That is if there is a six speed manual option .....

Old 09-24-2010 | 05:32 PM
Teamspeed Member
turbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to all
I'm not feeling it either. Works well with the bigger cars, but I feel the current interior suits the sporty nature of the 911 much better.

Old 09-24-2010 | 06:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
A little hx on pcar perfection in the past from these pics; just perfect. I know some of you guys want this car jammed full of electronics and auto lamps and such (SL/6series for this IMO), but to me these represent what porsche should be....

Name:  964_FlatNose_9.jpg
Views: 3723
Size:  132.0 KB

Name:  930S_FlyYellow_6.jpg
Views: 1960
Size:  137.2 KB

Quick Reply: Spy Photos: 2012 Porsche 911 Interior