Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Spy Photos: 2012 Porsche 911 Interior

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010 | 04:28 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
This is nothing like the cgt center console. Cgt's was sleek with the shift lever up high and forward, almost at the level of the vents. This is a bloated panamera console. I agree, I like the open space they used to have. Now it looks like they are just packing it full of shit. Look at all those buttons. Gone are the days of sportscars with simple elegance. Hopefully all that crap isn't in the gt3 version.
the CGT design inspired it. The way it sloapes upwarrds and positioning of the shifter.

Old 09-23-2010 | 04:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Overtaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond repute
Looks nothing like the CGT console. The CGT shifter is level with the steering wheel. The console maintains its slope and is very simple. The new 911 is an L shape, has a low mounted shifter, and has enough buttons to fit a QWERTY keyboard onto.

Originally Posted by DJ

Last edited by Overtaker; 09-23-2010 at 04:42 PM.
Old 09-23-2010 | 04:42 PM
sal
Teamspeed Senior Member
sal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant future
I wonder if the manual shifter will be that high for non-PDK cars. Seems like a bit of a hassle when shifting, but maybe not. Hopefully Porsche knows what they are doing on this one.

Old 09-23-2010 | 04:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
^+10000

It isn't even sloped the same way. You could say it is based off the new range rover sport than the cgt.

Old 09-23-2010 | 05:22 PM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
LOL @ CGT comments. It is obviously just a narrow version of the Panamera and Cayenne. Good for a GT-car (a la Aston/Maserati/Bentley), but not what I would be looking for in a sports car.

Old 09-23-2010 | 07:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I'll reserve any criticisms til I have a chance to drive one and compare to the current car. Looks overly complicated to me and I like the simplicity of the current design. That being said, if you're just driving the car around, it's nice to have a place to rest your elbows but I'm worried that if I did that with this dash arrangement I'd hit 10 buttons for random things. I hope this design doesn't carry over to cars like the GT3 though. That's just too complicated for what is supposed to be a focused, track-oriented car.

Old 09-23-2010 | 07:28 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
EVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond repute
More like the Panamera inspired center consoles.

Old 09-23-2010 | 07:47 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond repute
Seems less sporty and more "comfy". The 997 interior is hard to beat IMO, I think its almost perfect, very simple and sporty but still luxurious.

Last edited by MarkM; 09-23-2010 at 09:22 PM.
Old 09-23-2010 | 10:02 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
BoxsterG is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by DJ

From INSIDELINE:

"There's some carpeting on the dash and a sticker over the tach, but overall, this is the clearest interior shot on a 2012 Porsche 911 you can really hope for. Porsche is taking the 'bring the buttons all the way to the driver's butt' approach they used with the Panamera to the slightly more cramped 911. Also stolen from the Panamera is the company's new, larger, higher res Nav screen. This particular 911 is fitted with Porsche's PDK auto-clutch manual, and has proper down-on-the-left up-on-the-right paddles instead of the silly thumb push buttons. Paddles were a $490 option on the 2010 911 Turbo on top of the $4,550 that PDK already sets you back over a traditional manual."
If you look at the photo, the guy looks like he has enough room to rest his arms without hitting any buttons. I must say I dont like this direction but it is inevitable since the rest of the lineup moved this direction.

Old 09-23-2010 | 10:48 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond repute
I think this may be a little over the top for a 911!!

Quick Reply: Spy Photos: 2012 Porsche 911 Interior