Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Lowered 997 with H&R springs

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 09:29 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Jack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond repute
Post Lowered 997 with H&R springs

Thanks to Carrera Mike for this content!

"This is for those who are wondering how much H&R springs will lower their cars.

Hope these helps in making your decisions. H&R website claims 1.2" drop. I think that 1.2 is for the basic Carrera since the S is lower by 10mm.
Really happy with the firmness of these springs. Not rough at all(to my taste/ I know this is subjective) as I thought they would be. I was afraid it was going to be lower... but really happy with the results of this moderate drop.

I installed them over the weekend and here are some Before & After pictures with measurements.

1 Note though, with the first 4 pictures the car has 1/2 tank of fuel, and the last 4(after shake down) car with full tank of fuel. Im guessing that with the firmness of the springs, the extra .5 tank of fuel only lowered the front by 1/8"max.
My wheels are 19" with PS2s

These first two are the "before" the drop. Stock springs. 06 S/PASM

REAR

FRONT

These next two are right after the spring installation. Just rolled the car back and forth in the garage 4 times.

REAR

FRONT

These next two are after a good shake down/driving it for a day (approx 60 miles of VA freeway, bad expansion slats)

REAR

FRONT

With no flash/hides the inside of fenders:

REAR

FRONT

Full Pix
BEFORE

AFTER"

Old 06-12-2009, 12:36 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
RE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant future
Car looks perfect now! Should have came like that from the factory

We install these H&R's and the TechArt springs all day long for our customers who opt to not go for Coilovers and each and every customer LOVES them...

Old 06-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
Looks Great!! Lowering is a MUST mod in my Book.

Old 06-12-2009, 05:09 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
carrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to all
Smile

Thanks for all the kind words. happy to post that DIY to help fellow enthusiasts.

I'll remeasure it in a few weeks and post updates. I'll drive it for few weeks to let it settle and do allignment. Should be a better turning car by then.

Old 06-13-2009, 02:08 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
dksu1 is a name known to alldksu1 is a name known to alldksu1 is a name known to alldksu1 is a name known to alldksu1 is a name known to alldksu1 is a name known to alldksu1 is a name known to alldksu1 is a name known to alldksu1 is a name known to alldksu1 is a name known to alldksu1 is a name known to all
Are those oem painted carrera sport designs? By any chance are you selling your wheels? They are nice

Old 06-13-2009, 09:09 AM
TS BMW Forums
mtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond repute
What a difference...definitely a must do. Looks great sir!!

Old 06-13-2009, 09:13 AM
Teamspeed Pro
littlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond repute
thx for sharing!!

Old 06-14-2009, 04:08 AM
Teamspeed Member
jhh127 is just really nicejhh127 is just really nicejhh127 is just really nicejhh127 is just really nicejhh127 is just really nicejhh127 is just really nicejhh127 is just really nicejhh127 is just really nicejhh127 is just really nicejhh127 is just really nicejhh127 is just really nice
really proper, great stance!

Old 06-14-2009, 11:32 AM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice, subtle but it does make a big difference.

Btw, how would you guys compare H&R springs to Eibach? I believe Eibach manufactures the TechArt springs, I've been told they are identical but rebranded for TA.

Old 06-14-2009, 01:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Amazing how much better it makes the car look...

Quick Reply: Lowered 997 with H&R springs