Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Lowered 997 with H&R springs

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 02:53 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
thanks for that bbywu, great info !

Old 07-05-2009, 08:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
I had a lot of back and forth between my installer and H&R to get my ride height right. Either was bottoming out or the springs were preloaded too juch and any harsh bump went straight to the chassis.

H&R rep told me to measure the coil over ride height from the center hub to the top center of the wheel well. I compared my ride height to a stock suspension Cayman to get the right setting.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:49 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
enoyskt is on a distinguished roadenoyskt is on a distinguished roadenoyskt is on a distinguished roadenoyskt is on a distinguished roadenoyskt is on a distinguished roadenoyskt is on a distinguished roadenoyskt is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by carrera mike
Thanks for all the kind words. happy to post that DIY to help fellow enthusiasts.

I'll remeasure it in a few weeks and post updates. I'll drive it for few weeks to let it settle and do allignment. Should be a better turning car by then.
I'd love the DIY if you could post em up with pix. Ride looks nice!

Old 07-10-2009, 11:14 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Matt(in MA) is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd love the DIY if you could post em up with pix. Ride looks nice!

I second that! Looking forward to seeing the DIY

Thanks

Matt

Old 07-14-2009, 11:42 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
flyn low is an unknown quantity at this point
H&R vs. TA springs

According to Sharkwerks Porsche tuner in Northern Cal, H&R springs sags after a while and recommends TA springs (made by Eibach).

Last edited by flyn low; 07-15-2009 at 11:12 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:05 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
All springs and shocks will settle after a while.

Old 07-17-2009, 05:30 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
S-Fource is an unknown quantity at this point
Sweet! I agree should come that way from the factory... I put the H&R's on my S4... Perfect Nice work!

Old 09-14-2009, 09:41 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
carrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to all
UPDATE / 14SEP

after 3 + months, 2000+ miles of driving

re-measured the height/gaps with full tank of gas (same weight on it as the last 4 pix in the intitial post:

REAR 26.56" or 26 9/16"

FRONT 25.81" or 25 13/16"

difference of:

.06" in the front &

.49" for the rear

Last edited by carrera mike; 09-14-2009 at 09:45 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:03 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Mike great to see you here and posting! Let me know if you need anything.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:04 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
carrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to all
Smile

Originally Posted by DJ
Mike great to see you here and posting! Let me know if you need anything.
Thank you. Its my pleasure.

Quick Reply: Lowered 997 with H&R springs