Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

2009 Detail with spacers

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009 | 01:39 AM
|
Teamspeed Junior Member
mass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Pablo Escobar
Looking solid with the spacers. IMO, keep it wingless, regardless of mods...
Please elaborate. I'm on the fence with this one. I have to admit that part of me likes the wing look, ala gt3rs and the like (or the gt2 wing) and part of me likes the fact that it looks stock.

Anyone else with their opinions and advice on the matter?

Old 01-24-2009 | 08:20 AM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mass
Please elaborate. I'm on the fence with this one. I have to admit that part of me likes the wing look, ala gt3rs and the like (or the gt2 wing) and part of me likes the fact that it looks stock.

Anyone else with their opinions and advice on the matter?
I think if you're going to do a rear wing you need something to balance it out in the front as well (either a lower lip) or new front bumper. One without the other kind of throws off the car (appearance & balance).

Old 01-24-2009 | 11:21 AM
Teamspeed Pro
03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute
I'd keep it wing-less. I know I wasn't tempted by wings and spoilers when I had my carrera. There's something pure about looking at a 911 carrera with no huge wing.

Nice look with the spacers!

Old 01-24-2009 | 12:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
^Exactly what I mean. A wingless 911 looks so slick. The downslope is so damn sexy I am not sure why anyone would want to disrupt that profile.

If it was purely functional and you needed the extra downforce for the track, get the gt3rs wing. If not, leave it alone

Old 01-24-2009 | 01:16 PM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Pablo Escobar
^Exactly what I mean. A wingless 911 looks so slick. The downslope is so damn sexy I am not sure why anyone would want to disrupt that profile.

If it was purely functional and you needed the extra downforce for the track, get the gt3rs wing. If not, leave it alone
Yeah, who would do such a thing.

Old 01-24-2009 | 01:28 PM
|
Teamspeed Junior Member
mass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you again guys. I hate to admit that my decisions are based on what you guys say, but no wing.

Old 01-24-2009 | 01:30 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Love the red! Looks awesome! House definitely doesn't look too shabby either - wow!

Old 01-24-2009 | 03:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond repute
did you put up "No Parking" signs at home or is the backdrop in the PICs maybe a public building. Jox assumes it's your house. If it is very nice. So is the car. Nice stance. BTW no wing vote from me. Keep it stock.

Old 01-24-2009 | 03:37 PM
|
Teamspeed Junior Member
Um, that "house" is a 20,000 sq foot building at SOKA university. I couldn't afford the utilities on that place....

Old 01-24-2009 | 03:47 PM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by jox
Love the red! Looks awesome! House definitely doesn't look too shabby either - wow!
Wow it warms my heart to see you guys get along.

Quick Reply: 2009 Detail with spacers