Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

My new Cabriolet,....well sort of...

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 01:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Coochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox
Wowww!! Thanks for sharing, love the red! That's exactly how I want mine.
I love the red. Funny thing is that before I bought my 4S, I put in a request to Porsche to ask if they would do a paint to sample Guards Red Cayenne Turbo. They said no way,... and the dealer told me it would be ugly.
A few years later, they put out the Pure Red edition that we own. Go figure.

Old 11-02-2008, 01:14 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
The best thing of the cayenne is the panaromic roof.

Old 11-02-2008, 01:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
Some thoughts:

Before you even think about hitting the track, make sure you get the X51 oil pan / windage trays. Otherwise, on long, sweeping corners the pickup will run dry and you'll blow the motor up. On AutoX this isn't as big of a deal since you're switching direction quickly, but on the track, I wouldn't take a chance.

There are a lot of things you can do with this car, but I'd start amassing info on the spec Boxster series. See what the rules are before you blow a ton of money on S/C or motor swap. It won't be a rocket, but you can have a ton of fun racing, it won't be all that expensive, and it doesn't take that much work to get the car up and competitive.

Good luck coochas, and make sure whatever you're doing, HAVE FUN!

Old 11-02-2008, 01:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
Don't change the engine. Build it to a Spec Boxster.

Old 11-02-2008, 02:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Coochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ZAMIRZ
Some thoughts:

Before you even think about hitting the track, make sure you get the X51 oil pan / windage trays. Otherwise, on long, sweeping corners the pickup will run dry and you'll blow the motor up. On AutoX this isn't as big of a deal since you're switching direction quickly, but on the track, I wouldn't take a chance.

There are a lot of things you can do with this car, but I'd start amassing info on the spec Boxster series. See what the rules are before you blow a ton of money on S/C or motor swap. It won't be a rocket, but you can have a ton of fun racing, it won't be all that expensive, and it doesn't take that much work to get the car up and competitive.

Good luck coochas, and make sure whatever you're doing, HAVE FUN!
Originally Posted by MiniD
Don't change the engine. Build it to a Spec Boxster.
I think you guys are right.
I've been reviewing the Boxster Spec build sheets for some time now. The highlights for the BS-X class (which is the more 'street' class) include:
-BK roll bar extension
-Bilstein PSS9
-OK to swap GT3 sway bar for stock
-Either Kumho or Toyo rubber with wheel weights same as stock (I may not do this)

In either Boxster Spec class you cannot change engine other than mufflers. BSR class requires factory hard top or fiberglass version, full cage, 6-pt harnesses.

The suspension definitely needs some upgrades right now, but I think I'll stop there at least for 2009. Hey if I get 'good' with the car maybe I'll go all out and try the Boxster Spec series!

Definitely the first thing I'm going to do is get car outfitted with some seats, harnesses and a fire ext bracket,....and maybe a HANS compatible restraint.

Old 11-02-2008, 03:01 PM
Ced
Official CED
Ced has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond repute
In my humble opinion, i feel the mileage is too low to track it.
I mean, tracking doesnt do a whole lotta good to a car anyway.
10K mi? Heck, thats pristine.

I would save some miles on the Cayenne and C4S and daily drive the Boxster.
I dunno how bad it snows in Taxachussetts, but I would install a good tight suspension, throw some good winter tires on it and drive it throughout the winter and bring out the Cayenne only on snow days.