Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Hungry rat

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008 | 03:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation

Originally Posted by mass
Anyone have any thoughts/concerns about returning the entire f'in car and ordering a new one. People have suggested that to me saying that they wouldn't want a car of this value having any latent issues that could resurface later.

I do have proof it occurred before it was delivered to me via pictures.
^^^in this case^^^
take it the #%*! back...

Old 10-29-2008 | 05:35 PM
RPM
Teamspeed Rookie
RPM has a spectacular aura aboutRPM has a spectacular aura aboutRPM has a spectacular aura aboutRPM has a spectacular aura aboutRPM has a spectacular aura aboutRPM has a spectacular aura aboutRPM has a spectacular aura aboutRPM has a spectacular aura aboutRPM has a spectacular aura aboutRPM has a spectacular aura aboutRPM has a spectacular aura about
Believe this: I am driving, with only 150 miles on the car and the brake lamp failure light goes on. Take it to the dealer. Get a call 3 hrs later and the verdict:

A rat got into the engine compartment and ate several wires as well as sound shielding around the engine. They will be dropping the engine to fix.

Never heard of this before.
yeah i had the same problem several years back on the 355..a mouse got in after i had driven it suring the winter...im assuming it crawled in there cuz it was warm...i took the car out again and obviously noticed something wrong..the next thing you know, my shop dropped the engine and the timing belt was off by a tick as the mouse got stuck in the belt and got smushe. luckily i was able to claim homeowners insurance for the repairs but if i had not been able to, it was really going to put a dent...

sorry to hear about this and good luck with the repairs

Ross

Old 10-29-2008 | 05:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
On a different subject, I was curious why you have so many red squares by your name. Apparently I missed the last few pages of the Gold thread's beautiful life, so I just went back and read them.

Now I know why . . .

Old 10-29-2008 | 06:58 PM
|
Teamspeed Junior Member
mass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond repute
Not sure what the red squares mean: are they like purple hearts or the gold star in kindergarten for not peeing my pants all day. Maybe the people who gave them to me could give me the good squares instead, for karma you know.

Old 10-29-2008 | 07:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Not sure what the red squares mean: are they like purple hearts or the gold star in kindergarten for not peeing my pants all day. Maybe the people who gave them to me could give me the good squares instead, for karma you know.
Karma was provided in the form of a rat in your vehicle but i'm sure us kiddies can help you out.

Old 10-29-2008 | 07:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LABrit
Karma was provided in the form of a rat in your vehicle but i'm sure us kiddies can help you out.

Now THAT almost made me pee my pants. No gold star for me today . . .

Old 10-29-2008 | 11:10 PM
Teamspeed MVP
Smoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond repute
^^ Hey Mass, easy "Little Brother" I was successful in wiping out 6 red boxes and inturn got you back to three blue.. Take it for what it's worth, but I want you to have fun and enjoy your stay with us.. My gift to you from the "Family Elder", No man needs to see that type of feed-back all the time.. A fresh beginning from Pops/Kenny

O.B.T.W., sorry about the rat issue, that sucks and I would look into it further

Old 10-29-2008 | 11:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Boxstergirlie01 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxstergirlie01 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxstergirlie01 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxstergirlie01 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxstergirlie01 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxstergirlie01 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxstergirlie01 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxstergirlie01 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxstergirlie01 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxstergirlie01 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxstergirlie01 has a reputation beyond repute
pops,
you're the man!

Old 10-29-2008 | 11:53 PM
|
Teamspeed Junior Member
mass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Kenny. It got me pretty pissed to hear someone say that I deserved to have this happen to a brand new 100K car that I waited 20 years to buy.

The chewed wire caused some other shortages in the system and they have to replace the motor that controls the spoiler.

I sure miss the little guy....

Old 10-30-2008 | 01:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Why is it the biggest snatches in life are usually the loudest.
Not sure, ask your wife...

Quick Reply: Hungry rat