Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Love these RUF's

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 06:48 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
AdamT is on a distinguished roadAdamT is on a distinguished roadAdamT is on a distinguished roadAdamT is on a distinguished roadAdamT is on a distinguished roadAdamT is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mbolo
Adam,

welcome to the forum. Your RUF antics & british character have been missed. Greetings from W9 and M5board.
Thanks

Old 04-19-2008, 06:48 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
AdamT is on a distinguished roadAdamT is on a distinguished roadAdamT is on a distinguished roadAdamT is on a distinguished roadAdamT is on a distinguished roadAdamT is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by DJ
Adam you finally made it pal! Better late then never
Hi buddy,

You have pm

Old 04-21-2008, 07:22 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond repute
Adam,

Where ya been man? you've been quiet lately... up to no good i bet!

Love the pics of your cars... especially the ones where the R-Turbo is filthy! That's the way-- drive the balls off 'em, no garage queens here eh?

Old 04-21-2008, 11:49 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CondorCGT
I agree after so many years the car still looks great FYI my car is number 25 out of 29 made by RUF
You are a lucky guy

Old 04-21-2008, 02:45 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by hesperus
Adam,

Where ya been man? you've been quiet lately... up to no good i bet!

Love the pics of your cars... especially the ones where the R-Turbo is filthy! That's the way-- drive the balls off 'em, no garage queens here eh?
Been good thanks!

I had such a great drive with one of my best friends who has a 700bhp R turbo
in the CTR yesterday morning. We met at 4:30am and just drove the cars like they were designed.

It was fantastic, and very very little between the two until 310kmh or so, and then the r turbo with its superior aero and bhp advantage would creep ahead. We only ran to 330km though.

Some highlights were running from 100kmh in 6th gear. He came on boost a bit before me so i was a car length behind and staying with him. I was able to watch as first the inside of his exhaust started glowing, then all underneath. Absolutely surreal

We traded cars, and the 3,8 engine is utterly sublime- and quite a step up on the 3,6 of ours The best moment for me though, was when I led in the r turbo, and glancing at the speedo and seeing a very surprising (I didnt realise i was going that quick) 344kmh after really going for it, then looking in the mirror to see a beautiful little yellow car right behind!

Then when we parted ways, I hit a speedo 350kmh. I have tested the speedo with GPS prior to this, and when the speedo read 300km, the gps was saying 299, so a real 345 is a possibility. It was uphill too

Fuelling up during the sunrise:

Old 04-21-2008, 05:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
forhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond repute
Beautiful cars Adam.

Welcome aboard.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:26 PM
Teamspeed Member
EliteOne9002 is an unknown quantity at this point
You got to love em RUF sweet pics!!! it doesnt get any better than this!

Old 04-22-2008, 12:07 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AdamT
Been good thanks!

I had such a great drive with one of my best friends who has a 700bhp R turbo
in the CTR yesterday morning. We met at 4:30am and just drove the cars like they were designed.

It was fantastic, and very very little between the two until 310kmh or so, and then the r turbo with its superior aero and bhp advantage would creep ahead. We only ran to 330km though.

Some highlights were running from 100kmh in 6th gear. He came on boost a bit before me so i was a car length behind and staying with him. I was able to watch as first the inside of his exhaust started glowing, then all underneath. Absolutely surreal

We traded cars, and the 3,8 engine is utterly sublime- and quite a step up on the 3,6 of ours The best moment for me though, was when I led in the r turbo, and glancing at the speedo and seeing a very surprising (I didnt realise i was going that quick) 344kmh after really going for it, then looking in the mirror to see a beautiful little yellow car right behind!

Then when we parted ways, I hit a speedo 350kmh. I have tested the speedo with GPS prior to this, and when the speedo read 300km, the gps was saying 299, so a real 345 is a possibility. It was uphill too
you're absolutely mental, my friend!

recently, my friend Jeff (the guy who rode with you in your car that night we went "fog-blasting" near Pfaff) was still telling people about how you would spear off into the dead of night at close to 300kmh, virtually navigating based on what your 996's GPS display was reading. It was like flying on instruments... and faith!

what's the spec on the 3.8 R-Turbo? is it rated by Ruf at 700? or do you mean its the 650HP RT12 spec, and the 700 is the "real" HP... if its rated at 700 from the factory, then i'm curious what its real HP is... and how the spec would be different/augmented from the RT12

(yes, you know where this may be going... hahaha!)

Always good to hear from you buddy!

Old 04-22-2008, 03:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
alkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond repute
ruf ruf!

Old 04-22-2008, 05:34 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Adam, so glad you found your way over here! Love your writeups and pics! Keep it up!

Quick Reply: Love these RUF's