Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Dymags & Valet Parking

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 07:45 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Bronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond repute
Real sorry to see such beautiful wheels scraped like that! But really, how hard is could it be? Their only job is to park cars and I would be so extra careful if it was a sports car that should be parked.
I hope the restaurant stands up and takes care of the damage.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:29 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant future
If they don not take care of the wheel let me know, I know the GM of Cap Grille and can put a bug in his ear.
Brian

Old 08-07-2008, 09:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond repute
Damn, that sucks... So did the valet comany or restaurant have to pay for it?

Old 08-07-2008, 10:03 AM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SteveH
I take it you don't live in LA. It would be impossible to live here with any sort of freedom if you were unwilling to valet.
I lived in LA for a while and I know what you mean. Any respectable restuarant has valet, BUT pay a little extra and you can park it yourself right up front. AKA Baller's parking.

Old 08-10-2008, 11:37 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Mr.PS is infamous around these partsMr.PS is infamous around these partsMr.PS is infamous around these partsMr.PS is infamous around these partsMr.PS is infamous around these partsMr.PS is infamous around these partsMr.PS is infamous around these parts
Sorry to hear about your car but I'm going to be blunt and say you actually deserved this for valeting a car of that caliber, especially with those wheels.

I wouldn't trust a valet with any vehicle, no matter how expensive or inexpensive.

Shame on you for not tipping the valet and parking yourself.

Old 08-11-2008, 12:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Pablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Mr. PS...take it easy. NO reason to say he "deserved" it. I agree with you, "I" wouldnt have valet'd it but everybody has their reasons...

Stupid?MAYBE. Deserved?NO!!

Hope you get it worked out carnuts. Sounds like talking to Brian is your best bet...

Old 08-11-2008, 01:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
I am still at a total loss as to how the ENTIRE wheel got rashed up like that. Most often it is just a portion of the wheel. I have never seen a rash that goes around the entire wheel.

I don't mean to stir that pot, but it almost looks intentional . . .

Old 08-11-2008, 09:55 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
That really sucks Duffy. Sorry to see that after all the trouble you had getting wheels that didn't leak. Hope it all works out for ya....and NO MORE VALET.....

Old 08-11-2008, 11:24 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Jason A You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Jason A You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Jason A You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Jason A You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Jason A You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Jason A You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Jason A You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Jason A You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Jason A You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Jason A You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Jason A You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Whenever I am in a company car I ALWAYS pay extra to park the car myself. If they refuse then I just take my business else where....... I do have a HORRIBLE valet story though. At my old company I took out a Pearl Yellow Murci to a charity event. There were parking spaces blocked off for valet I told the guy we were a sponser of the event and I gave him 50 to let myself upfront. When we left the event and walked outside there was no valet guy, there were no cars near my car and there was a line from the front of the hood all the way to the rear.......... Somone had keyed the CRAP out of the car.

Old 08-11-2008, 04:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Raz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond repute
Man, that really sucks, but letting a valet park an expensive car with dymags is just asking for trouble. I've had a few bad experiences with valets. Fortunately, the restaurant took care of the expense everytime. However, when they find out the value of that one wheel, it may not be so easy. I hope you learned from this experience and that you get that wheel replaced leak free.

Quick Reply: Dymags & Valet Parking