Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Fabspeed Headers

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 12:37 AM
Teamspeed Surgeon
TT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud of
Fabspeed Headers

Did the FS headers to compliment the PES software....holy shit is al I can say.
The headers are very nicely done.

Attached Images  
Old 06-30-2008, 10:47 AM
MJS
Teamspeed Member
MJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud of
Nice!

Were you able to get a dyno run?

Old 06-30-2008, 12:05 PM
Teamspeed Surgeon
TT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud of
No man, didn't have time, got killed in traffic heading down there, had to be back in the city, sucks.
C

Old 06-30-2008, 12:12 PM
Former Sponsor
Fabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond repute
We have plenty of headers in stock and ready to ship. Retail price of the headers for 996tt/997tt are $1,655.00 which come with copper gaskets. If anybody is interested I am feeling generous this week being it is close to the 4th of July
I will offer these for this week only for $1299.00 for any Teamspeed members interested. PM me or give me a call if you are interested

Old 06-30-2008, 12:20 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Jiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond repute
What are the gains with this new design unsteed of the one pictured on fabspeed's website?

Old 06-30-2008, 12:41 PM
Teamspeed Surgeon
I believe they changed the merge collector(?)/equal length tubing, makes about 10-15 hp on a flashed car I believe. Jeremy can chime in here..

Old 06-30-2008, 12:43 PM
Former Sponsor
Fabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond reputeFabspeed has a reputation beyond repute
I am installing these on our 997tt as we speak and will then strap it on the dyno to get some numbers of a non Flashed car. On a car with an ECU flash we saw 15hp increase.

Old 06-30-2008, 12:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Jiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jeremy@Fabspeed
I am installing these on our 997tt as we speak and will then strap it on the dyno to get some numbers of a non Flashed car. On a car with an ECU flash we saw 15hp increase.
i have to clear my question:
why did you changed the design of the headers (i assume better flow / reduced exhaust temps)?
what are the average gain between fabspeed V1 headers / v2 headers (power, EGT ) ?

thanks !

Old 06-30-2008, 06:23 PM
MJS
Teamspeed Member
MJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud of
Jeremy, you think my net gain here will be 10-15hp? Do the OEM headers "slide" out, (is it necessary to dismantle the entire exhaust?)

Old 06-30-2008, 08:09 PM
Teamspeed Surgeon
M,
It took me only 25 minutes, I shit you not. They drop right off, all you need is a 13mm wrench/socket setup. I reused the factory gaskets, it's really easy. You don't have to ouch the remainder of the system as it's supported by the turbo etc.I can help you whenever you want.
C
btw Jeremy, what were the dyno results?

Quick Reply: Fabspeed Headers