Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Switzer Performance - Technical Difficulties

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 03:55 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Neil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant future
Switzer Performance - Technical Difficulties

Hello everyone,

I wanted to take the time today and make an announcement about some technical issues we have been having.

A few months ago we launched the skeleton for our new website structure, new contact form, and soon we out grew our original server's capabilities to handle the traffic. Sometime last year our hosting service moved us over to a new server. We also moved into a new facility across town and into a new office with a different network infrastructure.

Long story short: a handful of people have called me up or spoke with me in person at recent events and told me they have had a hard time reaching us or hearing from us, often abruptly in the middle of a chain of emails. As you can imagine, if there is one person saying something there is probably twenty who are not. I then found out earlier this week than one of our mail servers was collecting outbound emails for an unknown period of time and not sending a number of them, and that our contact form was "eating" new submissions and sending in blank contact requests with no contact information whatsoever. We are having issues with that server and our FTP not allowing us to make changes to the blog or our website. We haven't nailed it down to the server, our mail client, our internal networking, or even our own computers or personal devices., We now know it's a problem and we are doing everything we can to find out and prevent it from happening again. We are currently emptying new and old server logs to find information that may have been "lost in the shuffle".

Needless to say I am not happy about any of this.

I wanted to take the time today to let everyone reading this that we are doing our very best to rectify these issues and get back to our clients and potential clients as quickly as possible. Over the next few weeks I personally will be going down the list of people who we have on record as contacting us and making sure that they have been taken care of. If you have not heard from us since your last email or contact submission, please let us know as it will significantly help us help you. If you would like to PM me or give me a call, please do.

Thank you for your time and patience as we work through these issues.

Best Regards,
Neil Switzer

Old 03-29-2013, 03:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Was wondering why I didn't receive a reply to my last email. Nothing urgent though.

Old 03-31-2013, 05:49 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
bumperpip has a spectacular aura aboutbumperpip has a spectacular aura aboutbumperpip has a spectacular aura aboutbumperpip has a spectacular aura aboutbumperpip has a spectacular aura aboutbumperpip has a spectacular aura aboutbumperpip has a spectacular aura aboutbumperpip has a spectacular aura aboutbumperpip has a spectacular aura aboutbumperpip has a spectacular aura aboutbumperpip has a spectacular aura about
Congratulations on your response to the electronic nightmare. An honest, transparent explanation like yours is the gold standard of both business, and e-business.

I know you will succeed in sorting out the mess, and hope the happy ending is very very soon.

Again, thanks for the honesty.