Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

2012 Motor Trends fastest 0-60mph

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 12:34 PM
WSC
Teamspeed Junior Member
WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by pureporsche
Posted more realistic stats, well at least what I could find from reputable sources (magazines). Most are from a couple of years ago. I guess many publishers haven't decided to drop the some what meaningless 0-60/62 mph numbers for more realistic real world comparisons of 0 - 120 mph.
I don't see why 0-120 mph would be a "more realistic real world comparison" than 0-60. People are much more likely to be accelerating up to highway speed in the real world than to go straight from a dead stop to a buck-twenty.

That said, I think the "street start" 5mph-60mph test is a lot more indicative of a car's "real world" acceleration than the traditional 0-60. Most people aren't going to subject their cars to the driveline-crushing punishment car magazines perform in order to extract the ideal launch.

Speaking as someone in the industry, I'd say the best tests to show off a car's "real world" prowess are:
-5-60 mph acceleration
-30-50 mph acceleration
-50-70 mph acceleration
-50-100 mph acceleration
-mini-autocross or "figure eight" sort of test
-70-0 braking

But those are my thoughts. YMMV.

Old 01-03-2013, 02:28 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond repute
God DAMN that S8 is a beast.

Old 01-03-2013, 02:49 PM
Former Sponsor
Kai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to all
Wait till we release the ECU programming for the S8, its going to be an ANIMAL!

Old 01-05-2013, 07:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
falb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Kai@EliteMotorsports
Wait till we release the ECU programming for the S8, its going to be an ANIMAL!
When do you expect to release that and any idea on the gains?