Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Road Trip Photos - Isle of Man TT Circuit

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 04:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
So wich car was the fastest?

Old 06-16-2008, 05:14 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
wow what a line up! nice pictures

Old 06-16-2008, 05:30 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
JayKay is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by 4Wheels
So wich car was the fastest?
To be honest in everyday conditions all things being equal amongst the drivers, ive found cars over 400bhp are too close to tell apart. Id say the TT is the easiest to drive down roads of that type as its very forgiving and narrow so you feel like you can thread your way along more easily. The Gallardo is the more stable car at speed and doesn't dance around like the TT, but to get through the manual box takes more effort. The R8 was quick but i suspect the driver had to commit more % of effort to keep with us.

We had a similar line up of cars together in April (gallardo, GT2, F430 and maserati Gransport) and had some higher speed runs where we got above 180 at times. The TT is in a different league up at that speed. Above 165 it pulls up hard on the gallardo and if on long enough roads (germany for example) it would leave that class of car behind. But how real is that kind of performance in every day environments. On the Nurburgring last month i didnt have the skill, track knowledge or perhaps balls (take your pick) to stick with the gallardo over a lap. The difference was marginal, but it could have been more than those factors that came into play.

All phenomenal pieces of machinery.

J

Old 06-16-2008, 05:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute

Old 06-16-2008, 06:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Nice write up mate, i haven't been to the Man, only the Isle of White.

Took a butchers through your other pics, you probably have met / know one of my neighbors back in London - he ran the Gumball in 04 maybe 05 in a silver BMW M3. I have some pics somewhere of his car, i'll look it up later.

Old 06-16-2008, 06:14 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
JayKay is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by LABrit
Nice write up mate, i haven't been to the Man, only the Isle of White.

Took a butchers through your other pics, you probably have met / know one of my neighbors back in London - he ran the Gumball in 04 maybe 05 in a silver BMW M3. I have some pics somewhere of his car, i'll look it up later.
Its possible i do know him, or know someone who does. That group is pretty small and tight knit. Shame the rally has had such bad press in recent months, but maybe this year they will get things right.

Isle of man and isle of white are very different places.....like comparing amsterdam with orlando I can see the isle of white from my house.....

Old 06-16-2008, 07:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
very nice shots

Old 06-16-2008, 10:32 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
911-GT3 is an unknown quantity at this point
nice pictures

Old 06-16-2008, 11:03 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the write-up. Have to get to the Isle soon.

Old 06-16-2008, 11:22 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Haku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond repute
Terrific pics! Thanks for posting.

The Isle of Man is on my list of places to drive on. No speed limits... bliss.

Did you find people actually drove more responsibly than on the mainland?

Quick Reply: Road Trip Photos - Isle of Man TT Circuit