Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Back into the world of Porsche / Need tuning advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 03:27 AM
Teamspeed Member
Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Back into the world of Porsche / Need tuning advice

2 years ago I traded away my 996 C2. Truth was, no matter what was added to the garage, nothing felt remotely close to the 911. Swore to one day get another.

That day was yesterday.

Just recently added an '07 997.1 TT and am looking forward to all the tuning world has to offer.

I'm not planning to turn this thing into a crazed beast, so I'll lay it out as so. Not planning to tear the engine apart, and do not want to replace the turbos. If anything I would like to keep a linear power curve much like the factory, just with more power. I do not want a car that has just a small window of turbo power in the upper RPM ranges (I reference those suped up Supras which I had one back in the days, that only had a burst of uncontrollable turbo power between 4500~6000 RPM).

The car will be pretty much a street car. I don't track.

Car did come with Techart exhaust so the mod's have already begun.

Located in So Cal so any advice would be great.

Thanks

Old 03-12-2012, 04:52 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Suzuki GSX1300 vs Porsche 911 Switzer R750 - YouTube

'nuf said

If its too much, Switzer can offer you something with less power, but you won't be disappointed. They do great work on the 997.1's.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:20 AM
Teamspeed Member
Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
That Switzer seems to have more work done than I care to do.

Was thinking since the car already has an Techart exhaust, perhaps an airfilter and ECU tune could get me into the high 500's, low 600 HP range?

Old 03-12-2012, 05:41 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
My Switzer tune gave me around 30+whp and the BMC filter is not really a modification, but what you're proposing sounds good. Not sure about the resultant HP figures though.

You can contact Neil Switzer right here for help.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:12 AM
Former Sponsor
Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Easy888....

With a good tune, drop-in filter, and exhaust, you can easily hit just about 500 at the wheels.

From there, the options are endless. Being in SoCal, you're fortunate that you're very close to GIAC, who we use exclusively for tuning. We also have tons of dealers in your are who sell and install our parts.

Feel free to give me a call anytime. I'd be happy to give you a breakdown of what's available out there versus what you'd like to get out of the car.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Teamspeed Member
SirSpeedy7 is just really niceSirSpeedy7 is just really niceSirSpeedy7 is just really niceSirSpeedy7 is just really niceSirSpeedy7 is just really niceSirSpeedy7 is just really niceSirSpeedy7 is just really niceSirSpeedy7 is just really niceSirSpeedy7 is just really niceSirSpeedy7 is just really niceSirSpeedy7 is just really nice
Champion does some awesome stuff, been following these guys for years as I contemplate picking up a 997 Turbo myself!

Old 03-12-2012, 02:03 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
If you already have the exhaust, an air filter and ECU remap will take you up to around 550 bhp... Which is the most recommended if you have a tiptronic car... If it's manual, you can do plenty more, but need bigger inter coolers, bigger turbos, reinforced clutch, maybe revised suspension and some big reds for stopping power... The Tuners and packages are all over, champion motorsport, fvd, speedart, cargraphic, evoms, etc... All pretty decent... Stick with your exhaust, get a sport air filter, remap your ECU, and you'll be very happy... Doing more will set you $25-$30k, and you may sacrifice reliability... Not to mention for that much more I'd get the 997.2 TT with PDK...

Old 03-12-2012, 02:49 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sales@ChampionMotorsport
Easy888....

With a good tune, drop-in filter, and exhaust, you can easily hit just about 500 at the wheels.

From there, the options are endless. Being in SoCal, you're fortunate that you're very close to GIAC, who we use exclusively for tuning. We also have tons of dealers in your are who sell and install our parts.

Feel free to give me a call anytime. I'd be happy to give you a breakdown of what's available out there versus what you'd like to get out of the car.
Bingo.

Old 03-12-2012, 03:11 PM
Former Sponsor
David@fabspeed is on a distinguished roadDavid@fabspeed is on a distinguished roadDavid@fabspeed is on a distinguished road
our tune will offer you an additional 70+ hp and over 80ft/lb of torque while maintaining day to day drivabilit... coupled with our carbon fiber intake you would be right around an additional 100hp.

Old 03-12-2012, 04:19 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by marakji
If you already have the exhaust, an air filter and ECU remap will take you up to around 550 bhp... Which is the most recommended if you have a tiptronic car... If it's manual, you can do plenty more, but need bigger inter coolers, bigger turbos, reinforced clutch, maybe revised suspension and some big reds for stopping power... The Tuners and packages are all over, champion motorsport, fvd, speedart, cargraphic, evoms, etc... All pretty decent... Stick with your exhaust, get a sport air filter, remap your ECU, and you'll be very happy... Doing more will set you $25-$30k, and you may sacrifice reliability... Not to mention for that much more I'd get the 997.2 TT with PDK...
Actually as it turns out, I looked under the car and it has an Cargraphics exhaust, just with an Techart tip. But how do I tell which model of Cargraphic exhaust it is?

The car is manual, but I do not want to change out the turbos or get into tearing apart the engine. The most I might consider is an intercooler upgrade, but for sure filter and ECU remap. Since I'm in SoCal, I've done some research and GAIC seems like a good choice.

So with an Cargraphic exhaust, filters, and ECU tune, I'm looking to about 500~580 HP? What if I add intercoolers? Will I be in the 600HP range then?

Also, is it worth doing the highflow (carbon) airboxes, the plenium upgrade, and Y-Pipe? Or are these 3 components only worth it if going with turbo upgrades?

Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Back into the world of Porsche / Need tuning advice