Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Back into the world of Porsche / Need tuning advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 12:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Budget for a reinforced clutch.. the stock clutch won't handle that much power for long

Old 03-13-2012, 02:44 AM
Teamspeed Member
Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by MC321
Budget for a reinforced clutch.. the stock clutch won't handle that much power for long
Are you referring to 550+ HP as a reference point? I thought 997 clutches were pretty robust?

Not a big deal if a clutch is needed though I think I'd like something that feels closer to factory. Any suggestions?

Old 03-13-2012, 04:15 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I would stick to an exhaust, sport air filter, and ECU remap... You'll feel a huge difference, and it'll do the trick for you... Forget all the rest, it's all "window dressing"... The above should take you up from 480 to 550 bhp... You'll need to get under the car, look for some serial number,and contact cargraphic... Or obviously try and reach the previous owner...

Old 03-13-2012, 04:19 AM
Teamspeed Pro
JCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond repute
Just go to BBI and they will make your car as tame or as wild as you want. Reasonable too.

Untitled on Vimeo

Old 03-13-2012, 06:38 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Easy888
Are you referring to 550+ HP as a reference point? I thought 997 clutches were pretty robust?

Not a big deal if a clutch is needed though I think I'd like something that feels closer to factory. Any suggestions?
You're lucky you live where you live because you can go to a one-stop-shop and get it all done to get to where you want to be!

As for the clutch, mine burnt out almost immediately after the tune and my car doesn't have many miles.. I'm pretty sure the GT2 and Turbo clutchs are about the same.. Some people were able to keep driving on the stock clutch for a few thousands miles, but eventually had to upgrade..

Old 03-13-2012, 02:27 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Easy888
Actually as it turns out, I looked under the car and it has an Cargraphics exhaust, just with an Techart tip. But how do I tell which model of Cargraphic exhaust it is?

The car is manual, but I do not want to change out the turbos or get into tearing apart the engine. The most I might consider is an intercooler upgrade, but for sure filter and ECU remap. Since I'm in SoCal, I've done some research and GAIC seems like a good choice.

So with an Cargraphic exhaust, filters, and ECU tune, I'm looking to about 500~580 HP? What if I add intercoolers? Will I be in the 600HP range then?

Also, is it worth doing the highflow (carbon) airboxes, the plenium upgrade, and Y-Pipe? Or are these 3 components only worth it if going with turbo upgrades?

Thanks again.
You mean - GIAC, this is great stuff , I would do that and see how it works with your current exhaust, the intercoolers dont bring alot to the table but having them bigger helps the choking alot. I have GIAC flash and Tubi Race and thats enough but I also started with an "S"

Old 03-13-2012, 05:22 PM
Teamspeed Member
Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Marc
You mean - GIAC, this is great stuff , I would do that and see how it works with your current exhaust, the intercoolers dont bring alot to the table but having them bigger helps the choking alot. I have GIAC flash and Tubi Race and thats enough but I also started with an "S"
Thanks for catching that....GIAC.

I think the tunes, filters, and the exhaust should give me plenty to work with. Beyond that, I'll focus on the suspension.

Thanks again to all.

Old 03-13-2012, 06:04 PM
Teamspeed Member
ecaman will become famous soon enoughecaman will become famous soon enoughecaman will become famous soon enoughecaman will become famous soon enoughecaman will become famous soon enoughecaman will become famous soon enoughecaman will become famous soon enoughecaman will become famous soon enoughecaman will become famous soon enough
www.revotechnik.com/

Have been using then for years. Just amazing.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:06 AM
Teamspeed Pro
carendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond repute
the #1 mod you can do, and i've said it a million times before, get rid of the clutch assist. this simple mod, while adding no power, will radically transform the feel of the car for the better.

- chuck

Old 03-14-2012, 04:28 AM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by carendt242
the #1 mod you can do, and i've said it a million times before, get rid of the clutch assist. this simple mod, while adding no power, will radically transform the feel of the car for the better.

- chuck
Haven't heard of this before. What exactly does removing it do? Also it sounds like this mod is removing something off the car and not so much an add on?