Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

The Day I Met Lewis Hamilton . . .

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 12:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond repute
did Sutil mention his race last weekend? He must still be pretty disappointed. What were they doing together?

Old 06-01-2008, 12:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
lager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
For those of you who might not have seen my post on 6Speed, today I had the privilege to meet Formula 1 drivers Lewis Hamilton and Adrian Sutil. They were visitiing a friend of mine in the OC and he invited me over to meet them. My son and I spent about a half an hour with them just chatting. They were both great people - very patient and gracious. Lewis is our favorite driver. He autographed several pieces of memorabilia for us, asked about our interests and talked to us like we were old friends. I must admit, I was quite star struck.

This was a dream come true for my son and I. I am happy to share it with my friends on Teamspeed.

Me and Lewis

Which is you & which is Lewis?

Old 06-01-2008, 01:08 PM
Official TS Crybaby - Forever
Ryan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond repute
Very very cool! You can tell Hamilton is a chill guy from that top gear episode.

Old 06-01-2008, 03:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for all of the kind and fun comments guys. This was a good day for me and my boy.

Originally Posted by Dave S
Hey, I wasn't implying anything. Hamilton isn't that much bigger than your son
Btw, post some pics of your Brabus!
I know you didn't mean anything by it. But I'm not in denail about my little weight problem. I have actually lost about 45 pounds since January - beleive it or not, I used to be even bigger!

My son is 13-years old and is 5'9" - tall for his age but not a giant. He was taller than Lewis and he kept mentioning that to me on the way home. My son was shorter than Sutil but probably outweighed him by 10 pounds.

These guys obviously have to be a bit like jockeys when it comes to size and weight.

Originally Posted by lager99
Which is you & which is Lewis?
Oh yeah. Lewis is the guy to my right. Others have commented that we have quite a resemblance. An easy way to tell us apart is that a Formula 1 driver must actually be able to fit in the car in order to participate. That should help.

Originally Posted by SteveH
did Sutil mention his race last weekend? He must still be pretty disappointed. What were they doing together?

I am not sure why they were travelling together. They seemed like pals though. At one point I could have sworn they were conversing in German with Lewis rattling on fluently. I could be mistaken but it wouldn't suprise me if Lewis does know several languages - at least well enough to chat with his F1 pals.

Sutil did talk to me about the race in Monte Carlo. He was still very emotional about it. But in the end, he said that he didn't blame Kimi and that it just wasn't their day. He was very positive and assured me that their day would come very soon. He had a great attitude about it.

I was every bit as impressed with Sutil as I was with Lewis. It was great meeting them both!

For those curious about what my B55S looks like:

Not everyone's cup of tea. But I love it and it is blazingly fast. Lewis enjoyed going over all the mods with me (it has about 20 Brabus mods including the B55S engine performance kit) and was featured in two magazine articles (Coast and Best Life). Lewis seemed genuinely interested and impressed with the work.

Thanks for everyone's kind comments. Yesterday will remain in my good memories for a long time.

Last edited by Barrister; 06-02-2008 at 12:51 AM.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:23 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SteveH
lewis and adrian are close friends, they were teammates in F3. lewis tried to get mclaren to sign him instead of heikki btw.

Old 06-01-2008, 06:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute
Your B55S looks killer. Very cool that they were down to earth a lot of drivers are real asses.

Old 06-01-2008, 11:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
Killer weekend. What a treat for both you and your son. Awesome.

Old 06-01-2008, 11:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
That's really cool! Did Lewis or Adrian mention what they were doing in Cali? I suppose just relaxing a bit before the Canadian GP?

Old 06-02-2008, 02:51 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
That's really cool! Did Lewis or Adrian mention what they were doing in Cali? I suppose just relaxing a bit before the Canadian GP?
Yes. I think they were just relaxing in the LA area. Lewis noted that he had been having a lot of fun and loved the weather. They left from our meeting and went directly to LAX to catch a private flight to Montreal.

Old 06-02-2008, 08:52 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Dave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond repute
Honestly, what are meeting two guys who can drive a silly looking car fast when you can show us pics of that GORGEOUS red B55S. I'm not a MB fan, but it's pretty damn cool. I wouldn't mind seeing some more pictures.