Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Glistening Perfection Polishing Bundle

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 04:29 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
kcturbo is an unknown quantity at this point
I have been trying to get Moe to post some instructions for the #3 kit that some us us purchased. I have asked him via email, PM, and a request in this thread. Unfortunately all to no avail. Many of you here speak highly of him, but I am dissapointed in his lack of response. Anyone have any suggestions?

Old 07-24-2008, 04:48 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by kcturbo
I have been trying to get Moe to post some instructions for the #3 kit that some us us purchased. I have asked him via email, PM, and a request in this thread. Unfortunately all to no avail. Many of you here speak highly of him, but I am dissapointed in his lack of response. Anyone have any suggestions?
Sorry about the delay. It's been a hectic month, I'm getting married and a lot of other projects are spinning. I will have something emailed to you personally tonight.

Old 07-24-2008, 05:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone have any suggestions?
#1 - chill out
#2 - check autopia.org

Old 07-24-2008, 06:09 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Bluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond repute
Moe's a busy guy, but believe me when I say that he's one of the best. Anyhow, to help you out:

1) Read through the Flex manual so you figure out what it's like to use.
2) Lake Country color-codes their pads. I've attached their application guide to this post. Basically, the orange pad is a light cutting pad whereas the white is a polishing pad. The chart breaks down where their "prime" point is. Since you have Menzerna SIP & Nano (106ff), you can match the SIP to the orange and the 106ff to the white. I'm really simplifying things here, but during a multi-step correction, you work your way down from most aggressive to least aggressive.
3) I've attached the Menzerna product chart for you to refer to.

There's a few good videos & articles in the detailing forum about polishing in general; look around and read them. Also, post a thread with photographs of your car & its defects to get some feedback on what way to tackle it. Should make things a LOT easier for you to get started.

Attached Images   
Old 07-24-2008, 06:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on your upcoming nuptials Moe. I hope that everything goes smoothly for you and your bride-to-be.

See you at our next session in August!

Old 07-25-2008, 09:49 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
OK Kelly. Just got you setup on our site to log in for the pdfs I emailed you about. Once again, apologies for the inconvenience and I hope my rep isn't tarnished with you I'm still here today if you'd like to call me with any questions.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:56 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Zorro
#1 - chill out
#2 - check autopia.org
It's my responsibility to make sure members' questions are answered and they receive excellent customer service here on TS. Sometimes life just consumes us and we're not as on the ball as we usually are. I think Kelly has every right to be a bit perturbed and I don't want members to have to go to other sites for info and advice on products I've sold them; it's my job to make sure they have someone to go to whenever they need help.

In this day and age, customer service is a dying art. Business people are so quick to just walk away and leave their clients in the dirt. I'm old-school with my philosophy and believe in taking care of each client and building a relationship rather than making a profit EVERY time. In the long run, a smart business man sees the value in taking care of clients because taking care of one may translate to many more since most of us have a few friends and family members we'd recommend to.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:57 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Bluestrike2
Moe's a busy guy, but believe me when I say that he's one of the best. Anyhow, to help you out:

1) Read through the Flex manual so you figure out what it's like to use.
2) Lake Country color-codes their pads. I've attached their application guide to this post. Basically, the orange pad is a light cutting pad whereas the white is a polishing pad. The chart breaks down where their "prime" point is. Since you have Menzerna SIP & Nano (106ff), you can match the SIP to the orange and the 106ff to the white. I'm really simplifying things here, but during a multi-step correction, you work your way down from most aggressive to least aggressive.
3) I've attached the Menzerna product chart for you to refer to.

There's a few good videos & articles in the detailing forum about polishing in general; look around and read them. Also, post a thread with photographs of your car & its defects to get some feedback on what way to tackle it. Should make things a LOT easier for you to get started.
Great resource Tom....Thanks.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:59 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Barrister
Congrats on your upcoming nuptials Moe. I hope that everything goes smoothly for you and your bride-to-be.

See you at our next session in August!
Thank you Sir.....I'm so excited and can't wait. It seems only yesterday I proposed; it was actually last May. Funny how time just sneaks up on you and here we are

Old 07-25-2008, 11:41 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
kcturbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Moe, thanks for taking care of this. I appreciate your help.

Zorro, why should I chill out? I made four requests to Moe that were not answered. My last post was neither rude nor derogatory, but was merely asking for help in getting the information that I requested. Moe responded with a reasonable response and I am satisfied. Why should I have gone to Autopia instead of requesting the information from the detailer from whom I purchased the equipment and products?

Quick Reply: Glistening Perfection Polishing Bundle