Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Straight pipes + 996 turbo = Greatness!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 01:56 PM
Teamspeed Member
Savetheclutch has a spectacular aura aboutSavetheclutch has a spectacular aura aboutSavetheclutch has a spectacular aura aboutSavetheclutch has a spectacular aura aboutSavetheclutch has a spectacular aura aboutSavetheclutch has a spectacular aura aboutSavetheclutch has a spectacular aura aboutSavetheclutch has a spectacular aura aboutSavetheclutch has a spectacular aura aboutSavetheclutch has a spectacular aura aboutSavetheclutch has a spectacular aura about
Straight pipes + 996 turbo = Greatness!

well this is what I am working on

I spent the day yesterday taking stuff off the car (current exhaust cargraphics race with 100 cell cats)

today I got my FVD straight pipes

I can't wait to hear this thing

Old 09-19-2011, 02:01 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
It's gonnaaaaa be loud!!

Old 09-19-2011, 02:21 PM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
OH YES!!! I can't get enough of the 996 Turbo. Cannot wait to here it. More pics of the car!

Old 09-19-2011, 02:31 PM
Teamspeed Member
Savetheclutch has a spectacular aura aboutSavetheclutch has a spectacular aura aboutSavetheclutch has a spectacular aura aboutSavetheclutch has a spectacular aura aboutSavetheclutch has a spectacular aura aboutSavetheclutch has a spectacular aura aboutSavetheclutch has a spectacular aura aboutSavetheclutch has a spectacular aura aboutSavetheclutch has a spectacular aura aboutSavetheclutch has a spectacular aura aboutSavetheclutch has a spectacular aura about
oh yeah its going to be extremely loud lol.. I can already see my neighbors complaining haha
these are from a run a couple of weeks ago
Royal flush rally 2011 - YouTube
Run to Royal Flush Rally 2011 - YouTube

and a walk around video

Old 09-19-2011, 03:15 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond repute
Subbed to hear what this thing sounds like! Every straight pipe 996TT always sound nutty... the turbos get SOOO loud with straight pipes.

Old 09-20-2011, 07:50 AM
Teamspeed Member
so yesterday I was able to put some more time in and install the pipes. I was doing it at home but quickly realized I was going to need some help so I slapped the rear plate on and drove mad max style to my friend's shop

the 100 cell cats are huge so the access to the bolts was limited and it was a royal PITA to take them off, had to take off the ICs

but finally installed them

I drove back home 20 miles and this thing is LOUD!!! my phone died so I could not get video but I will today once I install the bumper etc.

Old 09-20-2011, 08:03 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Sideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond repute
hahah that has to be crazy loud!

But in my opinion you have to have Xpipe on a turbo to make them sound good,too much tractor sound with just a straight pipe.

Attached Images  
Old 09-20-2011, 08:31 AM
Teamspeed Member
it sounds a bit like a diesel f250 with big exhaust lol

I might go with Markski's exhaust later on but for now I will enjoy being annoying hahaha.. I can't wait to bring it to my office and set off all the alarms lol..

Old 09-20-2011, 09:58 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
vids vids vids!!! by the way, your 996tt is stunning! Love the 542r's in grey with the ceramics!

Old 09-21-2011, 08:28 AM
Teamspeed Member
ok so if you are planning on doing this, get ready for your ears to bleed haha

I took the car out for a drive and after 20 minutes my brain was shacking, my jaw hurt and my ears were about to pop lol

I am running GT28s and they sound awesome, I am giving it 2 weeks to see if the sound grows on me.. I already had my first encounter with the cops and they gave me a warning but pulled me over mostly for no front plate

a little preview, I finished putting everything back together late and could not get any of my friends to come out with me and my damn go pro was out of battery

996 turbo with FVD straight pipes - YouTube