Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Aftermath: Road trip to end all road trips!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 09:50 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Yet another beautiful floral arrangement

A classic 930

This flatbed semi was literally hugging the corners going really fast!

After going through one of the WORST and most bumpiest roads (Orr Springs Road) in memory, we reconvened yet again

We were rewarded with some exceptionally smooth roads all the way up to Benbow, CA including another stint on Hwy 1 through the twisties. Shortly after stopping I discovered that the screw holding my tailight in place disappeared. I removed the tailight and kept going up to Benbow Inn just outside of Garberville, CA. You guys owe it to yourself to go here one of these days. This hotel was beautifully designed. Almost akin to being swept away to an Inn somewhere in the Swiss alps.

Old 05-14-2008, 09:51 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
My car sans one tailight

Dining room

One of the funny sights I saw on the way home

Finally making it back to Washington after a long stint through Oregon nonstop

And for those of you that were wondering about whether I really drove home without a tailight. No, I didn't want to risk it so when I stopped for gas in Crescent City, CA I managed to find a temporary metric screw to hold the tailight into place for the trip home. I just picked her up earlier today after all repairs and checkups were made and she's resting in my garage now. I hope to upload some videos soon. If you really wanted to see the rest of the pictures then the album is here:

Alternative Viewpoints :: Bimmerfest 2008

Old 05-14-2008, 09:52 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Jim Bacus has a reputation beyond reputeJim Bacus has a reputation beyond reputeJim Bacus has a reputation beyond reputeJim Bacus has a reputation beyond reputeJim Bacus has a reputation beyond reputeJim Bacus has a reputation beyond reputeJim Bacus has a reputation beyond reputeJim Bacus has a reputation beyond reputeJim Bacus has a reputation beyond reputeJim Bacus has a reputation beyond reputeJim Bacus has a reputation beyond repute
Great pictures!

Old 05-14-2008, 10:08 AM
ss7
Teamspeed Pro
ss7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome pics, those roads look amazing!

Old 05-14-2008, 10:26 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
meaker is an unknown quantity at this point
Great pics.. Look like yall had a blast.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:28 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Luis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond repute
Great shots Jason, thanks for sharing!

Old 05-14-2008, 10:36 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Jason,
Thanks so much for taking the time to post all this. I really enjoyed every picture and you def captured a story as i felt like i was there going through the posts.
You are the man
DJ

Old 05-14-2008, 10:56 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Jason thank you for sharing, your posts are great and I remember your europe trip a year ago when you go to visit the nurburgring and the nice castles along those area's. I really like the pictures and the detail that has been took in this thread, the Mendocino area looks spectacular with all of the flowers and so is the last hotel you got to visit.

I particularly enjoyed the pictures along the oceans and the redforest area and same thing applies to the nice swimming pools.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:57 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
German Driver is an unknown quantity at this point
Great post and enjoyed the video.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for taking the time to put this together, great shots!

Btw, we had the same tourguide @ Hearst Castle! Awesome guy.

Quick Reply: Aftermath: Road trip to end all road trips!