Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Any here try E85 Conversion for the 996 Turbo???

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 06:39 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
white car is an unknown quantity at this point
can't wait to hear thanks steve

Old 09-01-2011, 07:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
Subscribed. Good stuff guys. Looking forward to more info.

Old 09-12-2011, 12:27 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Supergoji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Supergoji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Supergoji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Supergoji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Supergoji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Supergoji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Supergoji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Supergoji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Supergoji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Supergoji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Supergoji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
5-7k?

I have a 6cyl twin turbo motor as well and max for my application is 3k

dual pumps
top feed 2200cc inj
lines
misc items.

why so much for this application? fuel items are pretty much the same across the board, or am I missing something?

Last edited by Supergoji; 09-12-2011 at 12:29 AM.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:46 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond repute
The rubber oem fittings do not play well with e85 and will eventually be deteriorated over time (6-18mos). Todd@proto has rebuilt the entire fuel system so there will be no surprises.

We (he) also learned a couple things about the 5bar FPR that I will post in another thread.

//Anders

Originally Posted by Supergoji
5-7k?

I have a 6cyl twin turbo motor as well and max for my application is 3k

dual pumps
top feed 2200cc inj
lines
misc items.

why so much for this application? fuel items are pretty much the same across the board, or am I missing something?

Old 09-12-2011, 10:09 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Supergoji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Supergoji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Supergoji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Supergoji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Supergoji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Supergoji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Supergoji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Supergoji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Supergoji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Supergoji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Supergoji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by DEEPBLUE
The rubber oem fittings do not play well with e85 and will eventually be deteriorated over time (6-18mos). Todd@proto has rebuilt the entire fuel system so there will be no surprises.

We (he) also learned a couple things about the 5bar FPR that I will post in another thread.

//Anders
I know the oem rubber does not play well with corn juice but I was asking whats the extra 2-4 grand for ?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Old 09-12-2011, 12:23 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond repute
Again, extra pump, rebuilding both pumps and associated hardware, Tank to rail AN lines etc...it all adds up. It's not just a simple add a pump and some bigger injectors, we rebuilt the *entire* fuel system.

Originally Posted by Supergoji
I know the oem rubber does not play well with corn juice but I was asking whats the extra 2-4 grand for ?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Old 09-12-2011, 05:26 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Deep how has your car been running? Is it all finished up?

Old 09-12-2011, 11:43 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Not running yet, Todd should be done with it in October, as soon as I get some tuning numbers I will be posting ;-)

Originally Posted by DJ
Deep how has your car been running? Is it all finished up?

Old 09-14-2011, 09:30 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Pinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DEEPBLUE
Again, extra pump, rebuilding both pumps and associated hardware, Tank to rail AN lines etc...it all adds up. It's not just a simple add a pump and some bigger injectors, we rebuilt the *entire* fuel system.
I imagine Supergoji is talking about the cost of the entire fuel system. There isn't a whole lot going on in a fueling system, so 5-7k seems like a lot. Even with AN lines and fittings, injectors, and pumps you're well under 2 grand in parts (at least on most cars). Are you running a surge tank setup or adding other parts that bring the cost up that much?

I'm interested to see what kind of power you make, E85 cars have been making huge gains in some of tuner communities.

Last edited by Pinned; 09-14-2011 at 09:31 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:33 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Neil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant future
Skeeter, your beast has been fired, and sounds great! Tuning is commencing.

No range anxiety here, this is flex fuel!

Quick Reply: Any here try E85 Conversion for the 996 Turbo???