Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Meth water injection???

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 07:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Kevin's skills increase
He thinks I work from home
What is work again?

Old 08-22-2011, 08:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
Kevin's skills increase
He thinks I work from home
What is work again?
My bad I forgot
Drive Van to mall and baseball
That is your new home

Old 08-22-2011, 09:09 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Can it cause engine damage?

Old 08-22-2011, 09:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Steven997GT2
Hell yes. Have to be extra vigilant about monitoring your oil.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Not in my experience. It makes for a cooler burn.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:55 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by bonehead
Hell yes. Have to be extra vigilant about monitoring your oil.
+1

Especially if the meth is not controlled effectively. I am generally anti-meth/nitrous, I find meth inj equally if not more dangerous because it is a fuel. Therefore if not properly regulated by your tune or improperly mixed it can advance the timing, detonate before you want it to, toast your engine and so on.

Also just not a fan of liquid power-adders you have to refill.

Old 08-22-2011, 10:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
It depends on how aggressive your tune is.

My car runs better with the meth injection than on race gas.

I have not had a single problem with my system.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:32 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I would be very careful. I guess it would run cooler, but seems like you have to be right on all the time no room for error

Old 08-23-2011, 03:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
^ That has not been my experience at all.

The car drives normally unless you really get on it.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
carendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond repute
I would be very careful. I guess it would run cooler, but seems like you have to be right on all the time no room for error

why?

if you tune conservatively, not at the ragged edge, you will lose a little HP but be perfectly safe. if nothing else, you're much safer b/c meth cools the intake charge temps significantly too.

meth has been villainized since my days in the supra scene. back then, there weren't very good controllers (or ecu's.) with current porsche ecu's, and the ability to program *everything*, meth injection should be fine. back then, some doubted the even distribution of meth spray, fearing a cylinder might get less & detonate, but with a good controller, i don't think this would be an issue.

i mean, my car is 100% programmed for whatever gas i have - no switches, nothing. if i put 91 in, the ECU retards timing so it's safe. when i throw in 100, timing (among other variables) is advanced. if i were to throw in 2 gallons of meth into the tank, timing would be advanced to probably 105-octane or so (probably upper limit of my tune.)

- chuck

Last edited by carendt242; 08-23-2011 at 06:58 PM.

Quick Reply: Meth water injection???