Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

ADV Wheels follow up...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 12:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond repute
ADV Wheels follow up...

My previous thread was accidental deleted (vs closed), I had a PM's and emails of others interested and decided to follow up.

Jordan, President of ADV and Jon/Wheels Boutique were understanding and agreed to refund my deposit (not received yet) and I agreed to work with Jon on another model of ADV's and start the process over. I am impressed with their selection and flexibility with sizes and offsets... the new version will be a simpler and lighter monoblock but working to finish the details.

I'll post pics of the newer wheels when I get them.

Old 08-12-2011, 12:35 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Again sorry about that, looking forward to seeing the new wheels!

Old 08-12-2011, 12:41 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond repute
lol, no worries, I didn't name names but now that its out...

Originally Posted by DJ
Again sorry about that, looking forward to seeing the new wheels!

Old 08-12-2011, 02:22 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond repute
We'll take care of you man! Glad we're working a new set for you as well going a different direction.

Old 08-13-2011, 03:19 AM
Teamspeed Pro
hg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant future
huh what happened?

Old 08-13-2011, 09:19 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
The way the other ADV10 TrackSpec wheels were designed, the fronts didn't exactly match the rears. more or less the inside machine part of the wheel sat on the wheel vs. inside, the spokes weren't flush on the rim and the inside ring wasn't inside the rim barrel like the rears. I believe they are looking into this, but I am also very detail oriented and a bit anal.

The good news is both Jordan/ADV and Jon/Wheels Boutique were understanding and are working with me on another set of monoblocks.

Originally Posted by hg_wng
huh what happened?

Old 08-13-2011, 09:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
RFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant future
good to hear, I was just about to PM you asking what happened to the thread

Old 08-15-2011, 11:18 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Jordan has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Jordan has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Jordan has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Jordan has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Jordan has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Jordan has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Jordan has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Jordan has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Jordan has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Jordan has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Jordan has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry it didn't work out Chris - as always, we'll do whatever necessary to make you happy as will Jon / Wheelsboutique of course. At the end of the day we need to get you what you want so I'm happy that you've found an alternative wheel that you like and that WB will be facilitating the order for you without question.

For anyone interested, the reason for the change is due to the higher offset front wheel found on the 996 / 997 models as well as most other exotics such as the f430, gallardo, lp640, etc. all of which are designed for a narrow, high offset front wheel in combination with huge front brake setups. The Track Spec wheels which were ordered use a step lip configuration and due to the limitations of the vehicles dimensions it's impossible to use a larger step lip in front that what we're currently using which is a 19x1.0 (lip size). As many of you may or may not know, any step lip outer under 2.5" in width begins to change appearance as the normal look of the step lip can only be physically achieved in 2.5" or more of actual width needed to contain the 3 surface angles which give the usual look of the step lip. At 2.0" you lose the base of the outer causing the center disc to protrude past the assembly flange, at 1.5" you lose the 45 degree area which now becomes compressed into a new shape, and at 1.0" the center disc basically sits on top of the assembly flange basically flush with the edge of the lip.

here are some examples:

normal 2.5" or larger step lip:

usual 1.0 - 1.5" step lip used on front wheel exotic applications:

good example of front / rear differences between the 2:

it's not necessarily a bad thing, just the way it is - no real way around it. Thanks everyone!!! Just wanted to clarify things so there were no assumptions or unanswered questions.

Jordan

Old 08-15-2011, 11:21 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Love this shot J!

Old 08-16-2011, 02:19 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by DJ
Love this shot J!

I like the variation from the front to rear. Gives it a more noticeable staggered look.