Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

2012 Porsche 911 Turbo - Goodbye Rear Spoiler!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 09:59 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
gabriel.dufresne is a name known to allgabriel.dufresne is a name known to allgabriel.dufresne is a name known to allgabriel.dufresne is a name known to allgabriel.dufresne is a name known to allgabriel.dufresne is a name known to allgabriel.dufresne is a name known to allgabriel.dufresne is a name known to allgabriel.dufresne is a name known to allgabriel.dufresne is a name known to allgabriel.dufresne is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Carrera
Already a thread on this video... Those aren't the Turbos.
Really? my bad then.

but, i'm pretty shure that the ''rectangle'' under the back vent on all spied pictures of the turbos, is a pop-up wing.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Not a problem, that video is worth a repost.

All of the mules have that rectangle thing, and you're correct that it's a pop up wing. The current rumor now though is that it will be replaced with a typical Turbo style wing, and the triangle thing is only temporary.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:22 PM
Teamspeed Member
Tacet-C is on a distinguished roadTacet-C is on a distinguished roadTacet-C is on a distinguished road
I'm in love with the 993 turbo look too. I don't mind the wing really, I could do without the inlets on Tue wheel arches.

It's just with all the extra holes and appendages it really distracts my eye from the overall lines of the car. Especially on the cabriolet, car looks too busy. If you covered up the inlets the car would look smoother, a long with the hopes on the rear quarter panels a la 959.