Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Would you trade in your 2008 997TT for SLS???

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 02:40 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Mini George
My logical side says no, but my car side loves the engine note!
Thats the problem Im having at the moment!

Originally Posted by JonA85
I'd trade it for a GT2.
We dont have Porsche dealers in North Cyprus so that would be impossible.

Originally Posted by GregV
depends on how long u plan on keeping the sls for, i think it will be a future classic, so if you plan on keeping it for a long time then yes..... but in a purely performance stand point then no, although since u have the ferrari then maybe.. tough choice
Well planning on keeping the 16M but honestly not the 997TT for long. If i can get a good deal when trading in my 997TT than why not go for the SLS Man Im confused

Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Have you driven the SLS yet?
I have not driven it yet. Read and watched a lot of good reviews on it. I know it is not fast as the 997TT and not expecting it to be honestly. But the RWD makes it so much fun

Old 12-14-2010, 02:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
I would say to get the sls. If u are not attached to the TT and can get a good deal to get out of it, I would. You could always dump the sls when the new 911 comes out if you miss it.

Old 12-14-2010, 03:10 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
I would say to get the sls. If u are not attached to the TT and can get a good deal to get out of it, I would. You could always dump the sls when the new 911 comes out if you miss it.
thats the most logical answer

Old 12-14-2010, 04:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Sideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond repute
I would say a sls is faster than a stock 997.1 tt. Alot faster in a straight line, hell it got 570hp. I would trade if you get a good price.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:47 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really nice
First I say don't do but now I am able to say do it , if the dealer give very very good price for you ...Because the price tag of SLS is very high..

Last edited by JB 007; 12-14-2010 at 07:44 AM.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:47 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
slik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura about
I would keep the Porsche over the SLS...and I'm a Benz guy! My goal is to get a 996 or 997 TT

Old 12-14-2010, 08:56 AM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
Without a doubt... What's the color of the SLS?

Old 12-14-2010, 10:48 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by C Money
Without a doubt... What's the color of the SLS?
Iridium silver metallic with Single-tone designo Exclusive leather - classic red.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond repute
Yep i would trade it without a second think. The SLS is a great car and perfect for a daily driver...

Old 12-14-2010, 11:19 AM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
in a heartbeat, there will always be plenty of turbos around.

Quick Reply: Would you trade in your 2008 997TT for SLS???