Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

How to launch a modded Tip?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 10:15 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Arone997tt
just getting back to thread..bottom line stoppie should really stick to topic as told me(ur all over the place)...allen brake boosting is the way to go i have pulled 1.1g on launches with 490whp stock tip...ill tell right now not a lot cars can do this..car is with CMS getting some upgrades...and will continue brake boosting..these trans can take quite a bit of abuse...u need to consider upgrade it over 600whp
So you've not replaced anything? How many launches have you done?

Old 11-24-2010, 10:24 AM
Teamspeed Member
Tacet-C is on a distinguished roadTacet-C is on a distinguished roadTacet-C is on a distinguished road
The PDK is quirky but not unstable like the GT-R transmission.

Old 11-24-2010, 10:53 AM
Teamspeed Pro
allanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
You should learn the product you sell better.

Old 11-24-2010, 11:16 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by allanlambo
You should learn the product you sell better.
Really Allan? Like knowing that if Porsche finds out your launching your Turbo with Tip Tronic they'll VOID the warranty? Or that you have too many rev's in Range 4,5 and 6 on the DME report they'll void your warranty?

So I should advise clients to do things that VOID the warranty?

Old 11-24-2010, 11:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Sideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond repute
Really Allan? Like knowing that if Porsche finds out your launching your Turbo with Tip Tronic they'll VOID the warranty? Or that you have too many rev's in Range 4,5 and 6 on the DME report they'll void your warranty?

You should advice nothing in this thread. Start a new thread about how dangerous it is to launch your car and let`s get back to topic in this one. thanks

Old 11-24-2010, 02:58 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
MIA997TTBeast has a spectacular aura aboutMIA997TTBeast has a spectacular aura aboutMIA997TTBeast has a spectacular aura aboutMIA997TTBeast has a spectacular aura aboutMIA997TTBeast has a spectacular aura aboutMIA997TTBeast has a spectacular aura aboutMIA997TTBeast has a spectacular aura aboutMIA997TTBeast has a spectacular aura aboutMIA997TTBeast has a spectacular aura aboutMIA997TTBeast has a spectacular aura aboutMIA997TTBeast has a spectacular aura about
Stoppie, I know you are a used car salesman, but I guess you do own one, based on your experience, further yet I bet you have a 6 speed, if any P-Car at all (please dont tell me you own a whole "parking lot" of them, because none are under your name).

Did not you know that all the advertised 0-60 and 1320 are based off of brake boost/hard launch? So yeah you can launch that shit as fast as you want and call it a day. And yes TIP will always be apples to apples faster than 6 speed.

Now, back to the subject, brake boost that bitch all the way baby, if it breaks, fix it and enjoy it.

Old 11-24-2010, 03:18 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Arone997tt has a brilliant futureArone997tt has a brilliant futureArone997tt has a brilliant futureArone997tt has a brilliant futureArone997tt has a brilliant futureArone997tt has a brilliant futureArone997tt has a brilliant futureArone997tt has a brilliant futureArone997tt has a brilliant futureArone997tt has a brilliant futureArone997tt has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by MIA997TTBeast
Stoppie, I know you are a used car salesman, but I guess you do own one, based on your experience, further yet I bet you have a 6 speed, if any P-Car at all (please dont tell me you own a whole "parking lot" of them, because none are under your name).

Did not you know that all the advertised 0-60 and 1320 are based off of brake boost/hard launch? So yeah you can launch that shit as fast as you want and call it a day. And yes TIP will always be apples to apples faster than 6 speed.

Now, back to the subject, brake boost that bitch all the way baby, if it breaks, fix it and enjoy it.
+1 Beast...even with 6speed if you go crazy with power you need to match clutch...enough said...brake boost!!! Alan have fun if it breaks, gives u a excuse match hp to new built tranny.

Old 11-24-2010, 03:24 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Arone997tt has a brilliant futureArone997tt has a brilliant futureArone997tt has a brilliant futureArone997tt has a brilliant futureArone997tt has a brilliant futureArone997tt has a brilliant futureArone997tt has a brilliant futureArone997tt has a brilliant futureArone997tt has a brilliant futureArone997tt has a brilliant futureArone997tt has a brilliant future

if really knew what you selling you would know that with a tip you can't get into those rev ranges...so need to worry about it!!!! how would Porsche know about how many launches?

Old 11-24-2010, 03:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Sideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Arone997tt
how would Porsche know about how many launches?
Would like to know that too.

Last edited by Sideways_swe; 11-24-2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:36 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute

Quick Reply: How to launch a modded Tip?