Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

How to launch a modded Tip?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 08:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
allanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Come on Allan- you know what I'm saying. You're NOT supposed to launch an 'automatic' transmission car. Its not good for the life of the car as opposed to the design of the PDK transmission. And frankly, if you're listening to the 'valets' about anything related to the cars....

well...thats scary.
Not quite sure why you think you cannot launch an automatic car? My SLR was an autobox... I launched the crap out of it, what about Corvettes? What about Sl65s? Its not good for the tranny? So you think launching a PDK is GOOD for the tranny, as opposed to its bad for a Tip?

Listening to Valets?

Old 11-23-2010, 02:35 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I tried pressing the brake hard and than accelerating gradually in my 997TT but it didnt feel very healthy for the car. But it went of the line preettttyyyy quick

Old 11-23-2010, 03:01 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
sayegh87 is a splendid one to beholdsayegh87 is a splendid one to beholdsayegh87 is a splendid one to beholdsayegh87 is a splendid one to beholdsayegh87 is a splendid one to beholdsayegh87 is a splendid one to beholdsayegh87 is a splendid one to beholdsayegh87 is a splendid one to beholdsayegh87 is a splendid one to beholdsayegh87 is a splendid one to beholdsayegh87 is a splendid one to behold
If you put your left foot hard on the brake and push the accelerator with your right foot, you should eventually see a sign on the dashboard, something similar to an arrow pointing up with boost at 1.2 bar... of course sport mode has to be engaged........Although this worked here in the UAE after I reset my ecu, it never worked for me in the states... weird...

Old 11-23-2010, 04:11 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really nice
Old 11-23-2010, 05:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Sideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond repute
Never launched a Tip turbo, only 6speed. But i hope "GT RUS" (video above) sees this thread. I would say he has launched a tip turbo more than anyone on this site.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:05 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
You think that's just a stock, original internal torque converter?

Old 11-23-2010, 10:20 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by allanlambo
Not quite sure why you think you cannot launch an automatic car? My SLR was an autobox... I launched the crap out of it, what about Corvettes? What about Sl65s? Its not good for the tranny? So you think launching a PDK is GOOD for the tranny, as opposed to its bad for a Tip?

Listening to Valets?
Do you know anything about the PDK or Double Clutch Transmissions? You think it's just a coincidence that 'Launch Control" And "Double Clutch Transmission" just happen to be plastered all over the magazines at the same time?

You DO know how each transmission works, right?

And lets face it, you did start a thread about your car not being parked up front by the valets, so it's not a stretch mkay? LOL

Old 11-23-2010, 10:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Sideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Do you know anything about the PDK or Double Clutch Transmissions? You think it's just a coincidence that 'Launch Control" And "Double Clutch Transmission" just happen to be plastered all over the magazines at the same time?

You DO know how each transmission works, right?

And lets face it, you did start a thread about your car not being parked up front by the valets, so it's not a stretch mkay? LOL
Cmon man he just asked a question. What are you trying to prove here?

Lots and LOTS of people launch their cars without breaking a single thing in the gearbox, i have lot of friends that has highpowered tip cars that are doing streetraces and dragraces all summer long. Launching a car, either its a 6speed, tip or pdk is not "good" for the transmission. but it doesnt mean it will break.

ps. And yes i believe GT RUS still has completely stock tip gearbox.

Last edited by Sideways_swe; 11-23-2010 at 10:38 AM.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:45 AM
Teamspeed Pro
quotes from GT_RUS who is driving the black tip turbo on vid above.

Originally Posted by GT RUS
Yep its fast...I cant belive our AXLES are still holding up..over 10k miles of hard racing on this set up...
Originally Posted by GT RUS
Tranny is fine so far fine but we now we have upgraded already to install even FASTER P800 kit !!!
If he can drive like that for 10k miles with over 750hp and stock Tip i think "Allanlambo" can do a few launches without worrying.........

Old 11-23-2010, 11:01 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
And plenty of people blow their auto box's up. It wasn't designed for repeated abuse as the PDK.

Although the PDK is a little quirky.

Quick Reply: How to launch a modded Tip?