Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

74#'s WTH?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 03:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
N2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Freier
Hey N2it, by chance did you do a before weigh in? You may have benefited more than just 74 lbs from the actual base weight. I don't recall the actual numbers, but had a similar experience with my 993. The book showed one base weight, and my scales showed another. Of course I used the scale weights to work from.

As far as ideas, those mentioned above are great (CF hood, rear deck lid), RWD conversion. You can also remove the carpet / noise padding but it gets pretty loud inside.

**Forgot to mention-duh-that I had exactly 1/4 tank of gas at the time it was weighed. You also have to wonder how accurate these scales are? This was a newer/remodeled truck stop though...

I will be looking into the ideas here. As far as the carpet and padding goes-this I will try to preserve for now anyways!

Thanks for your input