Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Frontal Wraps / Clear Bras

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 09:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Lol

I wouldn't have speedfilm recommend (or send an installer). One of their authorized installers did a shitty job, you don't want them to f*ck it again. Remember, everytime you have it installed, the film is cut with razor-sharp blades. No room for error...
Find someone reputable doing serious cars and u should be safe. Or send it to premier (Cali)...
Take a look at some of Premier's threads about clearbra redos...it's not pretty...
Best of luck

Old 10-25-2010, 01:25 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
silversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond repute
Reason I suggest Speedfilm is exactly because their installer did a shitty job. Hold them accountable and make sure it's done right the second time around. It's a good point about the blades, as we've seen some hack jobs done that came through our shop, but a good remedy is just standing over the guy's shoulder the whole time to make sure it doesn't happen. :-)

Old 10-25-2010, 01:31 AM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Ship the car to Premier.

They wrap my entire hood and fender on the S4(https://teamspeed.com/forums/perform...nt-manual.html), and the entire car on the M5(https://teamspeed.com/forums/m/43386-taking-metro.html), and you couldn't tell.

/thread

Old 12-29-2010, 02:47 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Speed2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by xyzzy
I know this has been covered before, but I wanted to hear from owners who have had the fronts of their cars wrapped.

I just recently purchased a new 2011 Turbo (blk/blk pdk) and had a frontal wrap done by the dealer (third party). It was called "speed film", and it looks just awful. There are seams on the hood which look like they used a precut square and then had to cut additional triangles at the top of the hood by the windshield.

There are bubbles, scratches, and other imperfections in it. Needless to say, I just refused to pay for it because it looks like shit.

Now the problem is, I still want to get a good wrap on the front of the car, preferably all the way up the hood, but want it done correctly. I'm going to be putting a bunch of miles on the highway doing runs to the beach and dont want excessive chips/dings/etc from bugs and rocks on the highway.

Anyone here have any recommendations? Additionally, I'm in Atlanta Georgia...
In all fairness to us here at Speedfilm, did I not call you and offer to look the install over and replace your hood(the film we use is only available in 48 inch widths) with different film that could cover it all in one piece?

Also, you install was "scheduled" for the 21st, which you did not make but chose to show up the next day for the work, reguardless of our schedule(which was full). This ment we had no indoor bay to work in at the dealership and had to do the install outside under a parking deck with limited light resulting in more bubbles than normal. Bubbles should be gone by now and there couldn't have been any scratches left by us using rubber squeegees.

Please pick a day when you can bring the car over to my shop and I will gladly address any issues you have with our work. We do several hundred Porsches every year and don't want anyone to be dissappointed with the product.

Yes we use precut patterns so there was absoultely no cutting on your car. The triangles are part of the pattern for that hood using 48 inch film.

Old 12-29-2010, 03:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
djantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond repute
I suggest you go else where and get a 3M or ventureshield film. Always inspect work of the shop before you commit. The more research you do, the more likely you'll have great results at resonable costs.

Old 01-02-2011, 03:32 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Premier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by xyzzy
I know this has been covered before, but I wanted to hear from owners who have had the fronts of their cars wrapped.

I just recently purchased a new 2011 Turbo (blk/blk pdk) and had a frontal wrap done by the dealer (third party). It was called "speed film", and it looks just awful. There are seams on the hood which look like they used a precut square and then had to cut additional triangles at the top of the hood by the windshield.

There are bubbles, scratches, and other imperfections in it. Needless to say, I just refused to pay for it because it looks like shit.

Now the problem is, I still want to get a good wrap on the front of the car, preferably all the way up the hood, but want it done correctly. I'm going to be putting a bunch of miles on the highway doing runs to the beach and dont want excessive chips/dings/etc from bugs and rocks on the highway.

Anyone here have any recommendations? Additionally, I'm in Atlanta Georgia...
Whenever we hear of these experiences, we always recommend that you give the original installer an opportunity to resolve the issue. It does sound like speedfilm is making an attempt to resolve the issue. Good luck to OP!