Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Bit of 997TT driving

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 08:47 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
GiuseS2k will become famous soon enoughGiuseS2k will become famous soon enoughGiuseS2k will become famous soon enoughGiuseS2k will become famous soon enoughGiuseS2k will become famous soon enoughGiuseS2k will become famous soon enoughGiuseS2k will become famous soon enoughGiuseS2k will become famous soon enoughGiuseS2k will become famous soon enoughGiuseS2k will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by E36-RAT
Again I agree, not trying to be a hater, your video was nice to watch but also made me feel uneasy as those roads didnt look safe for high speeds (very bumpy, other cars travelling much slower!)
You have some very desirable cars and im sure your a nice guy, I just dont want to log on here and see a R.I.P thread with your user name on it man!
what the h***!!

Man, this is NOT a nice thing to say!

I agree with the fact that you should always speed on the track but man!....who is the truly sport cars lover that has never speed on the road?!?!

NO OFFENSE but this is a pathetic moralism! Besides seems to me that Cyprus knows what he's doing and this is absolutely the most important thing when you speed on public road.
Endangering the lives of other people is absolutely deserving of an asshole but this does not seems the case...anyway, if I can Cyprus, I'd like to give you just one advice: don't pass cars that are doing 80km/h at 200km/h...you could scare them (for sure...) and this is unsafely! Give throttle but always been a gentleman.

Old 10-16-2010, 01:30 AM
Banned
vdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these partsvdubpower is infamous around these parts
everyone knows what their doing, until they f ing crash... slow down chico

Old 10-16-2010, 04:36 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by XTO
Are you driving in the Cypriot side or the illegally occupied north side when doing these speeds ?

I really dont want to get into politics here, but illegally occupied for whom?

Originally Posted by E36-RAT
Again I agree, not trying to be a hater, your video was nice to watch but also made me feel uneasy as those roads didnt look safe for high speeds (very bumpy, other cars travelling much slower!)
You have some very desirable cars and im sure your a nice guy, I just dont want to log on here and see a R.I.P thread with your user name on it man!

If i only knew that this was going to become such a big thing I really would have not done it. But who in this forum can honestly tell me that they have never done this themself. Come onnnnn

Originally Posted by GiuseS2k
what the h***!!

Man, this is NOT a nice thing to say!

I agree with the fact that you should always speed on the track but man!....who is the truly sport cars lover that has never speed on the road?!?!

NO OFFENSE but this is a pathetic moralism! Besides seems to me that Cyprus knows what he's doing and this is absolutely the most important thing when you speed on public road.
Endangering the lives of other people is absolutely deserving of an asshole but this does not seems the case...anyway, if I can Cyprus, I'd like to give you just one advice: don't pass cars that are doing 80km/h at 200km/h...you could scare them (for sure...) and this is unsafely! Give throttle but always been a gentleman.

Thank you for your support and advise

Old 10-17-2010, 07:52 PM
Teamspeed Member
E36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Cyprus16M
I really dont want to get into politics here, but illegally occupied for whom?

If i only knew that this was going to become such a big thing I really would have not done it. But who in this forum can honestly tell me that they have never done this themself. Come onnnnn

Thank you for your support and advise
Hi Cyprus, Im not trying to say you are a bad driver or anything like that and I do enjoy seeing these cars driven to there full potential, the main thing I worry about with these sorts of speeds on public roads is other members of the public might do some thing unpredictable,then the laws of physics means that even the amazing brakes of the turbo wont help!
Keep enjoying your awesome cars but just be as safe as you can, thats all im trying to say.
Yes I used to drive pretty fast on the roads as well, but I now realise how risky it is to get the thrill of speed.(NZ drivers/roads can be pretty bad!)
I had also just read the thread 'one less GT2' on here and I hate seeing this kind of ending!
Sorry if I caused offence man!

Old 10-17-2010, 07:59 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Cars seems stable at high speeds.

Old 10-17-2010, 08:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Blue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vdubpower
everyone knows what their doing, until they f ing crash... slow down chico
+1. Take it to the track, not the streets please...

Old 10-17-2010, 08:47 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cyprus16M
But who in this forum can honestly tell me that they have never done this themself. Come onnnnn
This.

Old 10-18-2010, 07:49 AM
XTO
Teamspeed Member
XTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished road
Think you are right i would say 95% of most sport car owners would have or do speed on public roads, but 95% of them do not record it and put it on the internet. But being a regular to cyprus i know how they drive and all it takes is one old man in his pick up truck not to notice and things get messy.

I think the unwritten rule is: Want to post vids? then make sure its not on public roads. Thats what people are saying here, no one is gona say well done for posting a video speeding on public roads.

Illegally occupied from whom? Well North Cyprus is not a legal state ratified by any other country or governening body, so i suppose that answers your question. The Fact that there was a war and invasion kinda makes it an easy answer as "for whom".

Old 10-20-2010, 07:46 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by XTO
Think you are right i would say 95% of most sport car owners would have or do speed on public roads, but 95% of them do not record it and put it on the internet. But being a regular to cyprus i know how they drive and all it takes is one old man in his pick up truck not to notice and things get messy.

You can find my answers in red

I think your information of 95% is not so accurate. I reccomend that one day you should check a web site called: YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

I think the unwritten rule is: Want to post vids? then make sure its not on public roads. Thats what people are saying here, no one is gona say well done for posting a video speeding on public roads.

I dont remmember saying what I did is CORRECT mate but it was a done case. You could kindly ask one of the moderator to remove the thread. It would not bother me. This video was solely done for myself but wanted to share with Teamspeed members.

Illegally occupied from whom? Well North Cyprus is not a legal state ratified by any other country or governening body, so i suppose that answers your question. The Fact that there was a war and invasion kinda makes it an easy answer as "for whom".
This site is not appropriate for politics, so i PM'ed you to enlighten you on the subject.

Last edited by Cyprus16M; 10-20-2010 at 07:49 AM.